ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£13k Clio 182 for sale

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Battery terminal cover missing.

You can see I’m the key fob for the alarm.

also.

061F01B4-5E0D-46E0-8854-F11F57B37C2E.jpeg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
Just a couple of pointers that I have seen.

1, Aftermarket alarm
2, Aftermarket ELF sticker on rear window
3, Aftermarket ariel
4, Either very low coolant or no coolant
5, Power steering fluid tank seems to be grey and I recall them all being yellow
6, Aftermarket Indicator bulbs
7, Fog light surrounds painted
8, Gearknob insert has been changed to a chrome one

Either way its not £13k , For £13k you could buy a decent looked after Trophy and still have change to buy a 182.

Battery terminal cover missing.

You can see I’m the key fob for the alarm.

also.

View attachment 1465448

If the belts have been done its most likely that they have taken the front panel off to get better access hence they have chipped paint on them

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Lol.
Fcking pointless price.

Doesnt matter if your a dealer or a private seller - Always pitch the price right first time.
£13k 🙄

No good increasing site traffic if Everyone who looks at that advert thinks your a muppet.

Also cracking professional photo the last pic > Lets just randomly scatter the paperwork all over the floor FFS.

The 25k Arctic blue sold on here a couple of months ago for £5k > So you would price this £7500-8k.
£13k > Jokers

FennCup182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio Cup 182
Good to see cars like that being valued at such levels, surely? All to do with a willing seller and a willing buyer? :cool:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my two pence but if someone is willing to pay it, it only benefits the rest of us in terms of our valuations.

Dealers are in the game to make profit, and aren't really in the game to sell cars in 4 days like the rest of us private sellers and then start to panic when it hasn't sold within a week. The average days to sell of a retail vehicle is around 60 days and that's because they usually take a pretty different approach to pricing. Cars like this are notoriously difficult to value compared to normal bread and butter cars, especially a very low mileage one. As far as I can see there isn't another advertised anywhere with anywhere near this mileage. Don't get me wrong I personally wouldn't pay anywhere near that, but there could be a collector out there that would.

If the fella sells it for £13k then fair play to him....

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
How does it benefit the rest of us in terms of a valuation? Unless you have the same or very similar car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
There is realistic, very realistic, and this.

People aren't stupid and putting prices up won't mean people will buy them. Not when you can buy a perfectly great Clio for £3k.

If that was a better colour and like new (original) then maybe. Maybe to someone who wipes his or her nose with £20's.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
Plenty of people out there with more money than sense. The fact that some old Ferraris and stuff sell for millions tells you how mental the classic car scene can be. I don't blame this place for chancing their arm. They've probably seen Trophy's and the like up for big money and might not really know the difference.

On the subject of values being dragged up, it does happen. I remember when you could buy a reasonable MK5/6 RS2000 for about £1500. Then, because RS Turbos were getting so expensive, people started asking £2k, £2.5k, £3k, and it just kept creeping up. Now they're £2k for a wreck, with people asking £4-5k for what was a £1500 car a few years ago. As the rare Clios (Trophy and Cup) get more sought after, and good condition, low mileage 1*2s get harder to find, prices will go up and up.

That being said, £13k is still rather ambitious. Making sure it was as original as possible would help.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealers are in the game to make profit, and aren't really in the game to sell cars in 4 days

of course they are, are you stupid or something?

Dealers are all about turnover, you've got rent, bills and wages to pay, you need to get cars in and get cars sold, the faster the better - why do you think salesmen are mostly paid on commission and have targets?? for fun?
You're not covering your outgoings with car sales you hope to make sometime in the future.

The average days to sell of a retail vehicle is around 60 days

This is nothing like the average retail vehicle, so it's a pointless comparison.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without wishing to get involved with an argument. The average Days to sale is between 45 and 60 days for a car dealer. Bigger dealers will have a 90-100 day policy where they will liquidate stock at 90 days to reduce loses and improve stock turn. The chap selling this car isn’t a big dealer group, the car is too old to be on a stocking loan even if it was they would only lend the dealer 80% of CAP for the vehicle, which is probably quite little in comparison to its retail price. It likely he wouldn’t operate a stock turn policy like bigger operations. I would suggest he is chancing his arm significantly (stating the obvious), it’s on SOR (car owes him nothing as it’s someone else’s- why not have it for sale for monster money rather than long term storage) or he has given monstrous amounts for it in PX to deal out of an overage problem and he is hoping some one gullible will be along to save the day.
Maybe in fact he just has got it completely wrong and has seen prices of trophies and thought ‘blue is a nicer colour’ I have seen weirder things in my years in the trade!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't blame this place for chancing their arm. They've probably seen Trophy's and the like up for big money and might not really know the difference.

What does that say about the seller though? Clueless? Greedy? Stupid?

Why would anyone want to buy the most expensive car on the market from the least informed seller?

On the subject of values being dragged up, it does happen.

Old Ford = Money. Everyone knows that.

You don't see people wanking themselves stupid over a mid-level Vauxhall or Peugeot do you?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Modified or not, I think the Renault Sport Clio 172/182 of any flavour has such a cult following, and is so highly regarded by all the motoring media. There’s no doubt in my mind that these will all go up in value.
More and more get stripped for parts, tracked, raced, crashed etc. The good ones will be worth money. Because there will come a day where finding a good one will be bloody hard.
Early Golf GTIs, 205 GTIs etc. They all have the same recipe and the Clio is no different.

As the numbers dwindle, good ones in time will be sought after.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The more people that ask for more money for their 172s and 182s than those putting them up for pennies for a quick sale, will mean that people expect to pay more overall

You cannot artificially inflate the price of the car by asking everyone to increase the valuation.
Whilst maybe an incremental nudge upwards may work the price is pretty much the price.

Ive been a dealer on these cars for 11 years.
Im all for everyone in business making a profit but I also draw the line at muppets taking the piss.

I would be surprised if this car owes the dealer a penny over 6k. But for arguments sake lets say £6500.

That means they are asking for a 100% margin & £6.5k profit.
That is total greed. But thankfully nobody will pay 13k for a bog standard 182 non ID - Why?
If your a collector with £13k you will buy a trophy.

That car is worth. £8k tops maybe £8500, which converting that as a margin- its about 30% & £1500.
In this day & age an independent dealer making £1500 on a £6k investment should be extremely happy bearing in mind its 15 years old.

Look at the stupid overpriced 182s & 172s out there they have all been for sale for Eons.

The green exclusive for £7k has been for sale for 2 years.
The 172 cup for £8k on Ebay has been for sale for 2 years.
Renault wolves had a Gordini 200 on 8k miles for £14k for 4 years.
They probably still have it.

13k.
Crock of s**t.

Last edited:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the stupid overpriced 182s & 172s out there they have all been for sale for Eons.

The green exclusive for £7k has been for sale for 2 years.
The 172 cup for £8k on Ebay has been for sale for 2 years.
Renault wolves had a Gordini 200 on 8k miles for £14k for 4 years.
They probably have it.

13k.
Crock of s**t.

So you’re on the fence about it then Steve? 🤣

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
This is the car that was at my mate's garage over the road from the seller. My Vtec buddies

£13k?!?! LOLZ