ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-100 time of a valver

Quote: Originally posted by Ralphy_VTS on 13 August 2004

He just asked on SSC what the 0-100 times of the VTR and VTS were! Are you planning to race them all!
No.

We are having a discussion on ScoobyNet and I am fighting the Clios corner against the Saxo lovers, and they suggested that a valver takes the same time to reach 100mph as a VTR.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

good standard valver hits 100 in anything between 18 - 22 seconds.

Mine hits 100 in 18.4seconds timed many times.

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 13 August 2004

good standard valver hits 100 in anything between 18 - 22 seconds.

Mine hits 100 in 18.4seconds timed many times.

I doubt that...my old 5GTT (when standard) only did 0-100 in 24 seconds and that was lighter. (was a bit quicker when uped power to 200bhp though :) )

How can a 1.8 16v clio beat that and do 18 seconds????

Simon.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

It must have been f**ked then mate!

A standard saxo VTS does it in 22! Lol

well a 1.6 clio is faster to a 100 than any VTR.

A vts would beat a valver to 100, but a vtr wouldnt even get close

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Dazz on 13 August 2004

A vts would beat a valver to 100
Who told you that lie?

Valvers are evenly matched to 80 but after that a valver will pull because of the more CCs. Tested it with my mate many times!

Depends.

Look at Craggys.. he was playing with 172s.. which Im guessing would be quicker than a Valver.

Think they respond VERY well to breathing mods or something..

Clio 16v, to a 100 would be much quicker than a standard GTT Id guess.. afterall, it was designed to replace it.. (and its 1.8)

Quote: Originally posted by Tom16v on 13 August 2004

Who told you that lie?

Valvers are evenly matched to 80 but after that a valver will pull because of the more CCs. Tested it with my mate many times!

well im just going by nearly every 172 owner on here whos raced a VTS has found them very difficult to beat. To be honest i couldnt really give a cak

[Edited by Dazz on 13 August 2004 at 3:21pm]

It must have been f**ked then mate!

A standard saxo VTS does it in 22! Lol

I was quoting the standard times run by many reviews on car mags back in the late 80s when 5GTTs where one of the fastest hatch around and 0-100 in about 22-24 was normal for a standrard 5GTT running 120bhp (std). 7.5 to 60 and took ages to reach 100..... :(

So there is one way a 1.8 16v running 135bhp and more weight would do it in 18 seconds??.... NOT std one anyway.

22-24 sounds about right.... the same as a VTS and faster than a VTR.

Simon.

Simon.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Who told you that lie?

well im just going by nearly every 172 owner on here whos raced a VTS has found them very difficult to beat. To be honest i couldnt really give a cak

[Edited by Dazz on 13 August 2004 at 3:21pm]
theyd find it hard to lose a valver too.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 13 August 2004

Depends.

Look at Craggys.. he was playing with 172s.. which Im guessing would be quicker than a Valver.

Think they respond VERY well to breathing mods or something..

Clio 16v, to a 100 would be much quicker than a standard GTT Id guess.. afterall, it was designed to replace it.. (and its 1.8)

its also heavier and only has 15bhp more ans NO turbo.... so power to weight goin to be about the same, so no way will it stuff a 5GTT to 100.... be about the same... newer doesnt always mean faster.

Simon.

[Edited by shmall on 13 August 2004 at 3:26pm]

R5s are sh*t over 80 though and thats still third gear in valver!

well I can not dipute that because I didnt have mine std for long, once at 200bhp it flew.

just that I doubt a NA 1.8 16v engine with only 15bhp more and extra weight would beat it by over 6 seconds to 100.

std they are 22-24 seconds....FACT, like it or lump it don;t matter because I don;t have either car....now.

Simon.

Well, Williams at 80 is 4th gear.. limiter in 3rd is bang on 80.. so gearing dont make much difference.. unless, 4th limits at 98 or something and you need to change.

Williams is in Evo at 20.1.. but then, the top speed is 12* according to them.. which we know isnt right.

20.1 is too high for 0-100 too.. so the best way is to time it yaself.

What do valvers do 1/4 mile? 15.something at 70/80? Then 20/22 might sound about right.. 5seconds for 80-100 or something.

VTS, R5 GTT and VTS are nearly Identical to 100 - all around 22 secs.

The VTR on the other hand needs a Calendar to measure it.

vtrs lol there well slow! i use to have one, 0-100 in 32secs not a chance!! waste them all day

i timed my williams 0-100 at about 19secs i think it was, but thats just me n stopwatch

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 13 August 2004

ill be doin it in 14 seconds soon.................

[/QUOTE]
Mine is around that in good conditions, Im gonna measure it when the roads have finally dried up. But it should be around 14 seconds.

there excact the same bar engine and badges, both have discs all round so if u see one with drums its a westie or 1.1 in disguise, , only difference ids the badges and the 16v badges on rear quarters of 98on vts, thats it

Quote: Originally posted by talizman on 13 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 13 August 2004

Standard is 21.1s

Mine (160bhp) is 16.8s
How the heck can 23bhp chop 4.5 seconds off? :confused:
I never said that was my one when standard!

That is the standard quoted figure for the 16v.

Mine was always faster than that, but after the mods, that is what mine can do it in.....

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 15 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by talizman on 13 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 13 August 2004

Standard is 21.1s

Mine (160bhp) is 16.8s
How the heck can 23bhp chop 4.5 seconds off? :confused:
I never said that was my one when standard!

That is the standard quoted figure for the 16v.

Mine was always faster than that, but after the mods, that is what mine can do it in.....
and whats makes your car in std trim faster than all others in std trim????

Simon.

I wonder how mnay people time there own 0-100 with a stop watch using the speedo??? most speedos are out by at least 5 mph at 100mph.???