ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 modding

Clio 1.2 16v
i know this question has probably been asked 100000 times.. but is there any possible way to make my 1.2 faster?

no turbo converions or nothing.. just relitivly inexpensive?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Stripping it probably the best bet. Could spend all the money in the world and not get very far dude

Clio 1.2 16v
yeah thats understandable.. i have only been driving for 3 months so insurance is abit of a killer really... so no engine conversions... not looking to make it fast.. just the extra umph..

B

Ben^

weight reduction and a good service, maybe invest in some decent tyres and some springs to try make up the lack of umph with better handling in the twistys.

Not a lot you can do tbh, dont bother with induction kits and zausts as on a 1.2 all you will gain is ear ache ;)

Clio 1.2 16v
weight reduction and a good service, maybe invest in some decent tyres and some springs to try make up the lack of umph with better handling in the twistys.

Not a lot you can do tbh, dont bother with induction kits and zausts as on a 1.2 all you will gain is ear ache ;)

yeah i know.. lol

i heard you can remap a 1.2 .. wud you feel a difference... think it was 75 - 90BHP i think..

B

Ben^

i would like to see rolling road figures to back those claims up, I am not sure as its a long time since a had a 1.2 and I never dreamed of mapping it.

I wouldn't waste money on anything that "claims" to give bhp increase unless ur car is dyno'd - mapped - dyno'd to show the difference and even then it prob wouldn't be anything special.

I'd stick with the stock engine and put it on a diet imo.

Start saving for a sport and dont waste your money!!! lol

W

Willy

Like others have said. Loose some weight out of the car, maybe some air breathing mods for some noise and just leave it :)

No harm in modding your car, just know when to stop and dont start spending silly amounts,

Storm Grey 200
Do nothing to the engine, just make it look pretty :)

Stick on a cone filter if you want some roar-age

Renaultsport 200
Yep, don't bother. I wouldnt even bother with the asthetic changes. Save all you can and just use the car as an A to B rider.

Once you have the dosh, get yourself something with more power.

Eibach Sportlines and you'll be rockin'.

It'll never be fast in a straight line, but Clios are known for their mint handling and non-sports with decent suspension are no expection.