ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 On full throttle

DCi 100
First happened a good while ago, but now it's just becoming a pain and more common.

Flooring the 1.2 in 2/3/4/5, it revs up like in neutral, clutch engaged. If it revs up and I hold it there it will take 3/4 seconds but the engine will seem to grip back up and act normally at the new rev number.

Sometimes it won't do it, but if it does it once then that's it, it's doing it for good till left cooled down and gone back to after awhile.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Alex

Say that again Alex?

Do you mean the car is sluggish up to a certain number of revs, then revs more freely? Or the engine just doesn't pull at all until you reach a certain number of revs?

DCi 100
Car is just as a car would expect to be in any gear, but if I floor it it will just rev like it's in neutral above around 3k.

It's fine if I'm nice and gentle with the power pedal though, like if I press it too hard it slips and revs up to I presume the red line, I let off before it goes very high though.

Are you touching the clutch pedal at all mate? It has/had a very high bite point where you could literally touch the pedal and it engaged the clutch.

DCi 100
I'll get my Dad out in it with me tonight and show him, he'll know :eek:

Pretty damn sure it's the clutch slipping though, it's only when it's put under any power.

BMW E30 325iiiiii
if the clutch is new, check for an oil leak above the bell housing where the clutch goes, a pal of mine had a leak and it worked its way onto the flywheel causing it to slip.

DCi 100
Went out and tested it abit more,

2nd Gear, around 1500, floored it and it got to about 2.2k, good hard judder and it revved up erractically like before.

Going to go behind screwfix tomorrow and do a stall test and see how it goes.

Hopefully this + O2 sensor sorted will give it a breathe of fresh life and get rid of the damn STOP and Engine management light.

DCi 100
So was the STOP & EML on before your car started losing power, or has it come on at the same time?

Before I think mate, it's to do with the O2 filter (or atleast hopefully). Just the wiring needs sorting I've been told by a mechanic. That was the same time the carbon cannister lid was loose and the reason (hopefully) it died in the cold.

Could be related though, not too sure tbh.

I didn't even know it had a stop light :S What did the mechanic say about the wiring Alex? Something burnt out?

DCi 100
SERV of the right, STOP on the left top corner.

Same something about couple of the wires being abit murdered I think, you can just pull the sensor out yeah? I could just try and get another.

Not really mate, last thing I want is to see something happen to her, still have phone and both work/home comps with her as my back ground.

120d M Sport
Fair enough mate, I'm sure Alex will get her sorted. I know I'll be the same once mines goes :(

Alex, welcome to french car ownership mate, It's worth persevering on a good one like that :)

DCi 100
Thanks Scott, will have to get it sorted.

Fair enough mate, I'm sure Alex will get her sorted. I know I'll be the same once mines goes :(

Alex, welcome to french car ownership mate, It's worth persevering on a good one like that :)

I've fucked it all up tbh, but I'll get it all sorted. I have abit of cash to put into her, the other half of it is going to a uni fund.

How much was clutch etc? 3/400?

I had it done in Leeds for 330 IIRC Alex. Should be in the docs somewhere, was at Headingley Lane Garage or something.

DCi 100
I'll have a dig when I get home, I guess I'll PM Fred and see if he has a price on it aswell.

350 ish quid out the window, I'll stall on buying other bits till I have this sorted I guess. :eek:

Titanium 182
How hard is a clutch to do on a 1.2 ? fancy attempting it yourself ? ;)

the lights could be a freying issue on the loom isn't it a normal fault on 1.2's ?

I need to see more pics of this car, always liked it. Have you taken the stickers off it now ?

DCi 100
How hard is a clutch to do on a 1.2 ? fancy attempting it yourself ? ;)

the lights could be a freying issue on the loom isn't it a normal fault on 1.2's ?

I need to see more pics of this car, always liked it. Have you taken the stickers off it now ?

Not sure it's worth the hassle of lovely it up, getting someone who has done similiar before and will sort any other problems out will be better for the car IMO.

Could say the wiring is freying yeah, pics will englighten.

Most stickers removed, I have the pedo bear on still and CS.net ones. I have a DC sticker I'm thinking of sticking on but not decided yet. I'll get acouple of pics for you once I've walked home.

Titanium 182
Noo don't sticker it up more ! :rasp:

That car's paint is too mint to be detracted from by stickers !

Loose pedobear ;)

DCi 100
Noo don't sticker it up more ! :rasp:

That car's paint is too mint to be detracted from by stickers !

Loose pedobear ;)

I was thinking of sticking it on the back of the interior mirror tbh, or the black corner on the window, as it's just a white DC with black surround.

I have stuff to sort out paint wise lol!

DCi 100
I love my DC's, but have only ever worn them twice! Wear the etnie's as daily ho's.

Now I went to take pics, but then I sort of.. forgotten which one I was ment to take them of :eek: What a fool

Anyways, I have these:

Possibly that the top there?
F40Gq.png

QewrH.png

One for Mr Aluco:

ZpMDm.png

I'll be able to get better pics tomorrow.

Took it out and it just wouldn't slip! Fully warmed up etc and nothing, what a pain in the doodles.

OK, all I see is my car. The other two photos could be part of the International space station for all I know!

DCi 100
Hand brake tested it today as it was slipping on my travels,

The car just drove off with the hand brake on... :|

It stalled while holding the break and lifting but only very high.

Tried to video it on my phone but frame rate and sound quality is awful.

Hand brake has been tightened twice since fitting new rear pads lad, seems a common problem. Once by Birchdown (says on the list of Birchdown stuff) and then once again at the MOT done just before you collected her.

Couple of drinks and a couple of outings fella, gotta wash the R8 but might leave that until, ooooh, 4 months lol!

DCi 100
I'm at college, without the car...

Jumped in it this morning started it up to get it warm while I sorted my stuff out.

Chug chug chugg chuggy...

Car splurted and spluttered bouncing off the high idle for about 10 seconds then idled out at the usual high point.

So thought f**k taking it anywhere when it could just die on the side of the road, rather keep her at home and brake down when I don't have to be somewhere.

Ringing Birchdown later.

TBH sounds cold to me lad. Car was like that most freezing mornings. Did you not restart? Any warning lights on?

DCi 100
TBH sounds cold to me lad. Car was like that most freezing mornings. Did you not restart? Any warning lights on?

Was 6 degrees :/

Turned it off and started again, was alright, but wasn't chancing.

EML, Stop, Battery on.

Thanks for your time with this.

Anytime as I've said mate, sorry didn't reply to text, was at curry night with dad.

If EML/Battery/Stop are on, don't drive it. Call Stevo at Birchdown and ask him tbh.

I know this sounds weird, but there are clearing abilities with the car. Remember when your mum came to test drive and it put the eleccy fault light on as it always does after washing as it gets damp? Get in the car, turn to electrics on, but not car started, then press the lock button on the dash; locked and open, locked and open. Then start. See what happens. This use to clear the supposed eleccy fault after every wash and ran sweet as a nut.