ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Petrolor 1.5 DCI

ive got a 98 1.2 petrol clio and im wanting to get a newer car. iv been looking at the 1.5 DCI (about 2001).

does anybody know if the 1.5 is more or less powerful at pulling away etc than the 1.2?

R26

surely depends on the bhp of the diesel clio. 1.2 16v clio is something like 75bhp. But the diesels come in 65 bhp to 80 bhp, at least according to renault website. Dont know about 2001 though

Your 98 clio will be 8v 60bhp, the 2001 dCi is 65 bhp. The diesel might be a bit slower 0-60 but wont be much in it. It will be better 50-70 where it counts as it will have more torque. Also you can "chip" the 65 bhp dCi to give you 80 bhp I think. The newer 16v 1.2 has 75bhp and is quite "nippy"

The 65 dic makes ~70hp after a few K running in.

A 1.2 16V is quicker not by much but you have to rev it like mad to get it to go that quick the dci is much better in that you get the power right down in the rev range. 2k gives about 50hp a petrol would need to have 4k or so + to go as fast when you stick your foot down.

I prefere the dci personally and if I had the choice (and didnt do milage I do) I would seriously pay the extra for the dci.

Get one for a test drive and drive it like yyou would normally, most people however hard they think they drive dont drive it as hard as they do on a test drive where a 1.2 would beat a dci.

Id be interested in compairing the two cars though particulaly in gear acceleration.

0-60 is ~13.7 second when bedded in (magazine tests not my stopwatch fgures) the 1.2 is a second quick I think but most acceleration is done in gear and thats where the dci wins. Plus I think the dci is quieter particulary on the motorway due to the higher gearing.

As for chipping well expect about 84hp form a tunning box and maybe 85 or so with a remap (superchip) the superchip will be better to drive though as the maps are redone rather than a tunning box throwing some more fuel in there.

Remapped derv Golf

Yeah but what do they hold their price like?

The 1.2s and 1.4s seem to fall like stones. When did they start making the 100?

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 15 October 2004

Yeah but what do they hold their price like?
The 1.2s and 1.4s seem to fall like stones. When did they start making the 100?
Its only a recient addition.

Not worth it, the prices are the same as a 182. Get a 80 then chip it for much less. Wont hold its value better than the petrols. It will be worth sa 20% more but it costs 20% more.