ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 TCE cambelt info

E30 318iS x2
Are there any special tools or procedures for changing the cambelt on the 1.2 16v TCE D4f that I should be aware of?

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Nope, pretty straight forward, single overhead cam water pump tensioner and crank, I did mine a few weeks ago, would definitely change the water pump too whilst you're there as its driven off the timing belt (don't know if you know this already just thought I'd throw it out there) the water pump is a bit of an area to be honest got to remove the alternator and mounting plate to access the pipe going to the back of the water pump. Any question chuck em up :)

E30 318iS x2
Single cam? Thought they were double...

What did you pay for the kit did you go genuine or...? What sort of time did it take?

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2tce DSX
Single cam? Thought they were double...

What did you pay for the kit did you go genuine or...? What sort of time did it take?

No single, I got mine cheap from a mate who had one spare due to the company who was doing his stating they supply their own parts, but was genuine. So can't really help on cost of parts I'm afraid but time it took me was about 4- 4.5 hours including pump change (timing belt itself is easy just the pump that takes time) these probably wont help but here you go anyways ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360019415.771957.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360019436.172664.jpg