ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 tce modifications

Clio 3 tce
Hi
New to the forum & cliosport.net. I have a 2008 1.2 tce 100bhp and I want to do some modifications.
This is my first decent car other than some rust bucket run arounds so I'm a modifying novice. I know that the turbo is tiny so I won't get much more out of that but any help/suggestions greatly received!
Also if you have any projects that you've done yourselves I'd love to see them.

Welcome to fourm!
To get the most out of your car your gonna need a remap. Its going to offer the best bhp-£. A panel filter and a nice exhaust system will also offer gains.

After that your talking injectors etc which are out of my knowledge so maybe somebody else can inform you on that.

Cory.

BG Clio 182
Hi
New to the forum & cliosport.net. I have a 2008 1.2 tce 100bhp and I want to do some modifications.
This is my first decent car other than some rust bucket run arounds so I'm a modifying novice. I know that the turbo is tiny so I won't get much more out of that but any help/suggestions greatly received!
Also if you have any projects that you've done yourselves I'd love to see them.
Pikachu...

Get on my thread!

Clio 182
Anything turbo related a free flowing exhaust and remap will be good options as I doubt the standard exhaust is up to much more than standard. Where's the IC mounted?
Remap and a FULL exhaust Inc downpipe will more than likely show good gains.
Small boosted engines can be weapons.

Clio 182 Cup
Ideally, the steps to take with modern turbo engines would be; FMIC, exhaust, intake then remap to take advantage of them all at once, which saves you remapping after you add another part down the line. Not sure how much power you'll make with that lot but I'd imagine it free's up a lot of driveability.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
IIRC you can fit new injectors and map them in for good gains, can't remember which ones though, someone on here did it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
they are epic engines, 172 injectors and an rs tuning remap, for 135bhp+

fmic and exhaust for 140bhp+ now your approaching the limit of the turbo and things start getting expensive.

my twingo running the above was rapid lol

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I have nothing to add in terms of performance modifications but if you're looking for some visual changes take a look at my project thread for my old TCE (here)

I did a few little touches and changes that can really improve the look of these cars - The main being an RS front grill and Silver Vision indicator bulbs

:)

Clio 3 tce
they are epic engines, 172 injectors and an rs tuning remap, for 135bhp+

fmic and exhaust for 140bhp+ now your approaching the limit of the turbo and things start getting expensive.

my twingo running the above was rapid lol

Cheers Martin. Great video! Did you upgrade your exhaust system? I've been looking around all over but can't find anything.

Heard that a 1.6 clio gt exhaust will fit but not sure as only had one person tell me that...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
standard exhaust on that one, i put a decat on my old one from protoxide in Italy but now ktec sell them, good gains from that! And sounded brilliant on the standard system