ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1/4 Mile Run

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
clidge said:
dont mean to cause sh*t but how quick do the mk2 172 full phat ones do it in??

about 15. all depends really...seen sum FF's run as low as 14.6.

s**t that is pretty quick then i always thought their was a big difference between the cup and 172 in 1/4 mile what do other cars do like focus st, vxr, tyre r saxo vts etc etc

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
lagerlout1 said:
Has a standard ph1 172 ever done a 14.6?

not sure really why? cant really compare two cars just on one fact mate. to be honest it really isnt worth comparing the ph1 172 & ph2 172 cos to be honest its just down to driver. but saying ones slower then the other is abit hmmmm. we have a clio v clio at santa pod in august so why dont you come and try your ph2 172 with mined :D

save you abit of time heres the link to put your name on

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=145966&page=3

VaVa
I'm only going from memory of the standard car 1/4 miles times I've ssen on here. On average the ph1 seem to be a little slower, but we're talking the square root of f**k all. I'm pretty sure on the road it'd be down to driver and simply whether or not you have a quick one or not.

I'm pretty sure it's down to the gearing - I can't see any other reason why they should be slower tbh and it's only on the 1/4 mile. Which bores me to death, but is the only really quantifiable measure of performance we have without one driver driving a car back to back etc.

Red Clio 197 F1
2 years ago I got 14.8 in my Phase 1. This was b4 I took 30kg out of it.

Haven't been again since, but hope to in the next month or so :)

If I could knock 0.2 off then I would be v pleased, think I had a great run the first time!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
My totally factory standard 172 Cup, at 2 weeks old, with :1200 miles on the clock and some stuff in the boot ran 15.0 dead at Santa Pod, with a few more miles on the clock, a Pipercross Viper and the rear seats out it ran 14.5's all day long.

The Clio is a good car for drag racing...