ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 sport aux belt?

Looking for a bit info lads...looks like i need to do the aux belt on my clio 1.4 sport X reg,due to it screaming when the car is started only started happening with the cold weather.Anyway looking at the haynes manual it seems a straightforward job the way they describe it,is it gonna be a nightmare?think thhe engine on these is the E7J type.Any advice appreciated.

Thanks for the reply,was thinking about just tightening it,but might as well renew it as not sure when it was last done.Anyone got any idea where the best place for replacement belt is,cheers.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Get a kit from Renault, about £60 iirc. Dont just put a belt on, you will be back to square one.

I had the same problem on my old one, easiest thing to do ever. Only 2 bolts IIRC, easiest to get to from under the car and put a new tensioner and belt on, try euro car parts, that's where I got mine from I think.. was only cheap and engine was silent after :)

Thanks chaps,much appreciated.Just one more question,in the haynes manual it states about the use of a belt tension gauge or to get it checked asap after fitting,any ideas if there`s a way to check the tension yourself?,cheers.