ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

100mb broadband ?

Clio MK2 (1.2)
were can i get it from ? some1 did tell me but iv totaly forgoten, hes payin £400 a year for 100mb so works out just around £33 a month which would be ideal for me as i do alot ov downloadin/uploding music onto site's.

Thanks

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
there testing it and stuff, but its no were near that price, ya can get it but its like hundred of pounds a month with very little data

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
they are rolling out 50mb next year, it is in the final stages of testing. Looks like the speed throughout the virgin network should be increasing.

only time will tell

dk

911 GTS Cab
was proberly someone who was trialing a fibre connection maybe?

Not sure how fast that is but i know people are trialing it for ISP's.

172 Cup
Japan/Korea = fibre networks.

Not really.

DSL is still predominant over there.

There's an underlying myth that everyone in Japan has some "uber" connection but the reality is the average connection isn't that far removed from Britain or Europe. Granted there's a tiny minority that have some fantastic connections but it's an exception as opposed to the norm.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think that's correct. I've been with them 2 years now and at the time no DSL account in my area was offering anything better. Download speeds are more important to me and VM is very fast and until yesterday reliable :D

I'm not saying Cable is a poor thing to have.. it's perfect for most people.. all I'm saying is, it's not for me! :)

Fiesta ST
My ADSL is currently 448kb upload and I'm downloading at 6.5mb which i'm happy with - also get 15ms-20ms ping on TF2 (had interleaving switched off)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
f**king amen to that..

I'm suprised someone as "computer orientated" as you even has Cable to start with!

I wouldn't touch it personally.. (providing DSL or a decent equivalent is in the area)

It was the only option at the time (bout 5-6 years ago) and has been fine up until the virgin takeover.. now its pish so i'm moving to bethere.

I'm suprised someone as "computer orientated" as you even has Cable to start with!

I wouldn't touch it personally.. (providing DSL or a decent equivalent is in the area)

It was the only option at the time (bout 5-6 years ago) and has been fine up until the virgin takeover.. now its pish so i'm moving to bethere.

Good work. :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
For the price I pay VM i'm more than happy with the speeds I get. DSL would cost me minimum £20 per month for anywhere near the upload speeds I have now.

cock mobile.
100Mb, 50Mb, doesn't really matter with the contention ratios they offer.

Far far better off with a 2Mb up/down 1:1 connection if you want something quicker.

172 Cup
Depends how close to the exchange you are Daz boy ;)

Not really.

DSL signals weaken the further the distance from the DSLAM which just happens to be installed in exchanges at this time.

If, and when, DSLAM's are installed in street cabinet's 98% of any distance related con's will disappear.

So is DSL inferior to cable? Not as a technology, just the way it's currently implemented.

Tesla MP3 2021
My current ADSL connection wipes the floor with any cable connection I had in the past. Nearly getting the full 24mb and uploading at 1.4mb as well :)

Monaro VXR
Currently getting 10mbit down and 1.3mbit up with my DSL connection quite happy with that for the £18 a month I am paying. I am quite far from the local exchange as well. Think that is probably better than the 20mbit 768kb that virgin offer for £23.50 a month personally upload is far more important to me.

Depends how close to the exchange you are Daz boy ;)

Not really.

DSL signals weaken the further the distance from the DSLAM which just happens to be installed in exchanges at this time.

If, and when, DSLAM's are installed in street cabinet's 98% of any distance related con's will disappear.

So is DSL inferior to cable? Not as a technology, just the way it's currently implemented.
Think they will be installed?

172 Cup
Not really.

Think they will be installed?

In one form or another definitely.