ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

106 GTI Query

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Hi guys,

My girlfriend is considering (considering = going up the walls and doing flips) this car ...

http://www.saxosportsclub.com/forum/SEURLF/ASP/SFS/THREADID.175226/FORUMID.10/SFE/posts.htmhttp://www.saxosportsclub.com/forum/SEURLF/ASP/SFS/THREADID.175226/FORUMID.10/SFE/posts.htm

so I was just wondering what the general consensus was regarding the 106GTI or this car in particular if anyone knows about it?

On a more Renault related topic, finally got my A18 TOO number plates through which look top of the pops on my black 182. Quality. Just waiting on an exhaust system to come onto the shelves now ;)

Megane225FF

my missis would love that car - until she drove it - too low, shed rip the front of it to bits trying to park it... then the seats, look good, but wouldnt be comfy enough and she wouldnt be able to get her mates in the back...

looks well look after though...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

looks frickin mint! theyre great cars and best 1.6#s u can buy...aside from a CRX 1.6vtec.

nice car has a new engine tho or something so not running the original i believe would be hard to sell on as well this guys been tying to sell for well over a month mate. Pricewise i rekon ud get it fgor around £5k also check out thoroughly as i heard on a dubious grape vine something was amiss, if this is incorecct i apologise to the owner

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Max172cup on 18 June 2004

Looks like its been ragged silly! Mods do not add to the price of a car, they are more likely to devalue it.
LOL.... that was my first thought..... it might be OK though, but hes not put uprated cams in it to get better mpg has he!!:p.... its a nice enough car, but Id check it out thoroughly before even thinking about buying it......

RB5 & 172

gtis are very good fun and fast, that one will keep your 182 honest. as for it being ragged silly youll find it hard to find one that hasnt.

i have a 97 with 94k on the clock and its going stronger than ever.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I love 106 GTis and used to have one but INHO that one is ruined, the whole point of the 106 was that it was a very stealth car, no-one expected you to beat them as it looks tame as standard.

There are lots of nice GTIs about, take your time to test drive as many as you can, dont be blinded by all the mods..

buy a standard one, they perk up healthily with simple breathing mods anyways so 172/182 speed isnt too far away, dont buy one that u will regret tho!

quick, capable and fun cars - but dont get a spannered up one, unless you know for 1000% that its all quality work. or, if you do, haggle the death out of it..

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Im sure this is James Gouldes old one???

Used to have some serious engine work (cams, TBs, etc..) all pukka Peugeot Sport rally parts!

He put another (standard) engine in to sell it though...

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 18 June 2004

Im sure this is James Gouldes old one???

Used to have some serious engine work (cams, TBs, etc..) all pukka Peugeot Sport rally parts!

He put another (standard) engine in to sell it though...

Well spotted Rich, I was pretty sure when I saw the number plate that it was Jimbos old one. Personally I would keep on looking and find a nice original one - they are out there if you hunt around for a bit. Nobody ever seems to want to buy these cars once they have been modified as I had a hell of a time getting shot of mine and ended up practically giving it away in the end.

People tend not to want to buy modified cars cause thewhole modding thing is very personal, most people want to do their own thing!

But I gotta say that one looks gorgeous! Couldnt you just get an RAC inspection if youre not sure about it?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BossCup on 19 June 2004

Well spotted Rich, I was pretty sure when I saw the number plate that it was Jimbos old one. Personally I would keep on looking and find a nice original one - they are out there if you hunt around for a bit. Nobody ever seems to want to buy these cars once they have been modified as I had a hell of a time getting shot of mine and ended up practically giving it away in the end.
Aye, I never forget a 106... ;)

Still miss mine >>>

http://members.lycos.co.uk/Pug106GTi/Pug%20106%20Mine%20Now%20front_side.jpg

Was quite similar to Jamess actually, but not in the tuning dept! :oops: