ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12 cylinders, 6 litres and 575 horsepower

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Nice. :)

I love the f20 in white, although I would say that as the wifes new 125d turned up yesterday and it looks f**king stunning. (Although I will say that I think photos of the 1 series don't do them justice, they look much better in the flesh)

The interior is also much better than the 118d we had previously and the 125d has more than enough toys (added) on (to) it.

When we were ordering it I was adamant that we'd have the full black panel display, wife didn't understand at all. First thing she said when she got back from work was that she loved the display on the dashboard!

Love the look of the 3 door (our 118d was a 3 door) and the pillarless doors are awesome, but certainly won't miss it being a pain in the backside when you have to get somebody in the back or put shopping on the back seats, the 125d is a 5 door!

Most people seem to go for estoril blue, but the wife didn't like it. She was swaying towards black but then saw how awesome and mean (M-Sport body) looks in white.....and that was that.

An orange one
Very nice! Hell of a step up from a 118d to 125d! :)

what spec did you go for? I know what you mean about this shape not photographing very well, totally different in the flesh, I must say the eibach springs have helped mine alot, just took the worst of the arch gaps away without being stupid low.

​The 1ers are becoming very popular on the roads now!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Very nice! Hell of a step up from a 118d to 125d! :)

what spec did you go for? I know what you mean about this shape not photographing very well, totally different in the flesh, I must say the eibach springs have helped mine alot, just took the worst of the arch gaps away without being stupid low.

​The 1ers are becoming very popular on the roads now!

125d M-Sport (5 door alpine white)
Driver Comfort Pack (rear pdc)
Interior Comfort Pack
Enhanced Bluetooth
Folding & Auto-Dimming Mirrors
Full Black Panel Display
Comfort Access

We did a lot of reading on the babybmw forum, most people say that xenons are essential and people were saying you need to add that....but we live in london, hardly ever drive outside the M25 (certainly not during the working week) so the roads are all illuminated, xenons would have been an expensive waste of time. Had we lived in the sticks....then yes.

Originally specced the HK audio system, but the more I read about it the more I was convinced it wasn't worth it. So went for the bog standard system and I'm actually quite impressed with it, it's actually quite good, no complaints.

Comfort Access solves the age old problem of handbag+keys=abyss.

Enhanced bluetooth because the wife can have both her work and personal phone connected to the car at the same time, standard bluetooth doesn't allow this, 4 can be paired but only one connected at once. Plus it gives album art on the iDrive.

Interior Comfort Pack - quite expensive, but it gives foot well illumination amongst other things, we had it on the 118d so figured we'd miss it if we didn't have it.

Driver comfort pack - cruise control, worth it if we do 1 long motorway journey ever!

Full Black Panel Display - everybody should have this on their car, I think most if not all dealer demonstrators have this on but they fail to tell customers that it's an option. at £~100 it's worth it. Funky graphs on the dials.

Not interested in built in nav, much prefer a smartphone app, you get decent traffic, updates, fixes etc....

We've seen a lot of new 1er's around, but have never seen a 125d on the road or at a dealers. The guys over at babybmw were saying that they're rare, the OnTime guy who delivered the car even said that this was the first 125d he'd ever seen let alone delivered.

Best feature of all over the 118d is.....

cup holders!

f**king 118d didn't have any and it was a complete pain in the backside! Who builds a car without cup holders?!