ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

14.029@102.22

ITB'd GDI Original?
Hi,

Just posting my timing slip. I've got an incar vid of the same run against a focus RS and a little compilation vid done by my girlfriend.

When putfile sorts itself out i'll put the vids on :D

Attachments

• Time 1.jpg
    Time 1.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 187
  Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Fooking hell I think we were running on different strips:eek: Your start/ first 1/8 mile time is VERY good for the conditions!
My starts were turd..:dapprove:

Lets see the vid!

I know jack sh*t about Drag strips, what does the "ET" mean?
Thanks

Simon

btw, fast time...... :)

Last edited:
EVOgone said:
Mk2 are the daddyo......! Mk1 eatin dust....

see, this proves you have comparible intelligence to something I wiped out my arse ealier... skip maths lessons at school did we? there's less than .1 of a second difference and the terminals tell a different story, but carry on... thanks to you everyone in this thread is now dumber... :sleepy:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
But you still got beat over the line.If alonso and shewy went over the line 1 second appart but alonso was there first it wouldnt matter if you were doing 200mph you dummy

ian

ukaskew said:
Seriously rapid. What sort of times could we expect from a MK2 V6? Just trying to put it in to perspective a bit.

std V6 255 14.4 @98 done by "slugger" at the pod, so 14.029@102.22 is very quick :)

Would love to see MikeT's SC 400bhp one or TRW1's NOS'd one do some times?

This one is said to do 1/4 mile in 11.4 @122?

http://www.nology.com/clio.html

Simon

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Lucky you really seemed to find some grip from somewhere..hooked up and gone!....great time considering the conditions.

ian 182 said:
But you still got beat over the line.If alonso and shewy went over the line 1 second appart but alonso was there first it wouldnt matter if you were doing 200mph you dummy

ian

Ian, Jesus was'nt even at pod so he did'nt get beat lol Terminal speed does give you a very good idea of the potential of a car....so when we go on a nice grippy day the guys who with the best terminal usually come out on top...unless they can't drive for s**t lol

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^^ Doubt it does it that quick. Would be very surprised if it did. I'm with you, mid to late 12's...

Tyson.

Mondial172 said:
What could a cup with the same mods expect? 13.9?

Depends who you are asking

Cup owner response -
With 222bhp in my cup, which is 90kg less by the way for anyone who didnt know, I would piss all over that full fat I reckon low 13's easy.

Anyone who doesnt own a cup, due to not being a good enough driver probably-
13.9 seems fair.

Lucky your car is the b****cks mate. Any plans for an LSD?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
It pointless to speculate on times in these conditions...Lucky's car will do 13.6s or better in good conditions.

ITB'd GDI Original?
I've spoke to Andy about LSD's but i'm not sure how benficial it would be compared to the cost, i am looking into it though.

Watching that incar vid i posted it doesn't look like there's much room for improvement regarding my 1/4 mile time. In the dry i'd get slightly better traction and my 1st to 2nd change was a bit ropey! My traction was VERY good on sunday considering conditions.

I think it may be about 13.8 - 13.6 in the dry? Guess we'll find out over the coming months, especially if there's another mk1 vs mk2 day.

I'm also currently looking to save 50kgs+ in the run upto summer.

Carl.

lucky said:
I've spoke to Andy about LSD's but i'm not sure how benficial it would be compared to the cost, i am looking into it though.

Watching that incar vid i posted it doesn't look like there's much room for improvement regarding my 1/4 mile time. In the dry i'd get slightly better traction and my 1st to 2nd change was a bit ropey! My traction was VERY good on sunday considering conditions.

I think it may be about 13.8 - 13.6 in the dry? Guess we'll find out over the coming months, especially if there's another mk1 vs mk2 day.

I'm also currently looking to save 50kgs+ in the run upto summer.

Carl.

I meant for the road really. With all that power through the front wheels it must feel lacking in traction alot of the time. Your 1/4 mile did not get much wheelspin I dont know if with an LSD traction off the line would be very consistent allowing higher rpm starts?

It is a shame about the cost really as I think it would be a big benefit. When your gearbox self destructs it will seem like more of a cost effective option ;)

If your into your drag racing saving weight has got to be a good idea.

ITB'd GDI Original?
Yeah mate, i was reliably informed that my front seats weigh 30kgs each! They're gettin binned, then i'll take it from there. It is still a road car though, which i do have to use every day to work etc....so i'm not sure how far to go with things?

MINI JCW
lucky what mods you done to the 182 and if you dont mind me asking how much did it set you back and where did you get it done?

Thanks

ITB'd GDI Original?
My car's a 172, err sorry '222' :eek:

I got the work done @ GDI mate, you should give Andy a ring for any advice or pricing. It wasn't cheap tho.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
You were'nt there on Sunday Lunner .....most people were getting 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 60 ft times.

Martin. said:
You were'nt there on Sunday Lunner .....most people were getting 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 60 ft times.

This is true, after watching the vid looks very slippery

IIRC mine was a 2.30*, can't find the timing slip, best one i can find atm is a 2.453

ITB'd GDI Original?
TheJesus said:
nice mate, those 60ft times are awesome. you running PE2's per chance?

I'm running A539's for anyone who's interested. Seemed to do the trick on the day.

mk1 phase 3
lucky said:
Yeah mate, i was reliably informed that my front seats weigh 30kgs each! They're gettin binned, then i'll take it from there. It is still a road car though, which i do have to use every day to work etc....so i'm not sure how far to go with things?

mine is an everyday car, and yes, most people are reading this thinking whats the point blah blah blah! but i like the stripped out look, its nothing to do with speed! although mine can beat a 1.2 16v mark2! check me out:cool:

neway, iv took everything in the back out, got some mk1 valver seats for the front. got a pic if u wish! still got front carpet and rooflining, front door cards, and the dash.

Nippy white cup
MarkM said:
Depends who you are asking

Cup owner response -
With 222bhp in my cup, which is 90kg less by the way for anyone who didnt know, I would piss all over that full fat I reckon low 13's easy.

Anyone who doesnt own a cup, due to not being a good enough driver probably-
13.9 seems fair.

Lucky your car is the b****cks mate. Any plans for an LSD?

Hmm well being a Cup driver I would probably say

"well I got 14.1`s with only filter, chip exhaust and decat...about 180 185bhp...so 40 bhp will probably make more of a difference than .2 of a second" But hey what do I know! :rolleyes:

Chris