ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

14 days are up

2 weeks ago I thought a camera van mightve caught me doing 40 in a 30. Its now 14 days after and Im relieved I never got anything through the post. :D Still in with the 0 point crew

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

is it normally 14 days?

i thaught they had a longer period to send out a NIP?

Always been told if after 14 days you dont get anything, then you cant be fined. Hope thats right anyway, or Im gonna have to spend another few mornings waiting for the posty to come

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Yup... allowance for postage.

Q, I have been flashed by a speed camera, what happens next, 14 Day Rule.
The Police have 14 days to send you a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP). They also get an allowance of a couple of days for the post to deliver it. So if its more than 17 days since you were flashed they are too late to prosecute you, unless you were driving a company car, hire car or someone elses car. In these circumstances they are allowed more time to track you down.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

OH and PMSL !!! :mad:

Q, I was caught by an illegally parked police vehicle that was operating a speed trap can they do this.
When gathering evidence, they are excused under the Road Traffic Act

Renault Laguna Coupe

But looking on the bright side, theyve only been taking about a week to come through at the moment, so youre probably ok.

Valver

If you are the registered keeper of the car and have been for a few months ie DVLA have your details as the owner of the car, and it isnt a hire or company car, if you dont receive a NIP in about 17 days (3 days for postage - royal mail - nuff said) then youre in the clear.

Think they put a typo in for royal mail taking 3 days, think they meant 3 years, if it doesnt get lost in the post :p

[Edited by Nightfire on 7/3/2005 11:10:26 AM]