ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15s or 16s??

Vectra :(
Hi all.

Searched around the forums for a while now after some info and not found much (other than trackday related) so thought i might as well as. I am needing some new wheels for my mk2 172 and was after some lightwieght jobbies, unsure on colour at the mo. Basically i was looking at 15s instead of 16s. What would you recommend for road use. I am looking into trackdays later on in the year when i get my new company car but for now it will just be for road.

Also any pics of a silver 172 on 15s and NOT lowered as i wont be lowering mine at all i dont think due to tailpipes hanging low and bloody speed bumps near my house!!!

Any advice would be most welcome as going to look at new wheels this weekend.

Cheers peeps

Vectra :(
cheers mate.

really need advice tho as to whether 15s be a good ideal? would they give any advantages over 16s? any negitive results of using 15? anyone here run 15s on the mk172 on a daily basis and what would you recommend?

BMW E46 330i Touring
and I think the company's owned by someone who lives by me...

Don't know about performance, but 15's can look a bit small after stepping down from 16's, but get the ride height right and it shouldn't be a problem.

Megane225FF
Dont think there's many 172's run on 15's day to day, a few run 15's for track day's, but I cant remember whether its because the rubber is cheaper or performance is better.. do a search, there's bound to be something on here..

BMW E46 330i Touring
Oi, plenty of 172's run on 15's on a day to day basis!
<
< ;)

As for lowering, you should be able to get away with a bit of a drop and still not have a problem with speed bumps.

Bye Bye 182....
15's will give you slightly more acceleration as the wheel turns more for each " or thats what my mate tells me who does track days. 15's are also cheaper on the rubber.

But imho 16's make the car look better. Get some lightweight 16's