ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15s or 16's

since i have the 16s on my car feels a little more sluggish? am i immagining this?

also what is the difference with 15s and 16s anyway except one is 1inch bigger,

i saw that coming you silly w*****s :rasp:

lol, im looking at reverting to 15s again lol,

i want the 172 style 15s though,

decisions decisions?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  GTi 7.5 pp/Mx5 nd2
i went from std 15s to 16s. doesnt feel any different in performance other than the tyres on it are w@nk (avons). does feel a harsher ride tho thats for sure with lower profile tyres. looks well better tho.

I ve got 15's on mine, didn't go for 16s due to loosing performance, mine do look abit small though, next job is to lower it. It feels the same as on the 14" steelies but with more grip, due to the lower profile tyres these are the same rolling radius of the original 14's.
dsc00190el7.jpg

i felt this mofo, went from steelies to standard dynamiques, and couple of months ago went to 16 172 wheels, feels different thats for sure, more grip aye, but also seems to come down from speed quicker if that makes sense, ie when you take your foot off the gas it slows down to a stop quicker. but i love the way it looks and im not goin for speed in my 1.2 :D:D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I had 16" Turinis from a cup on mine for a week then took them off coz it handled pish compaired to on 15s, went back to 16s a couple of times but kept going back to my 172 style ph3 15"s, got shot of them tho for a set of ph2 dynamique wheels as i think they suit the car better

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
since i have the 16s on my car feels a little more sluggish? am i immagining this?

also what is the difference with 15s and 16s anyway except one is 1inch bigger,

i saw that coming you silly w**kers :rasp:

16s
good:
- better grip because lower profile tyre puts more rubber on the road
- more responsive handling because shorter tyre wall flexes less
- looks

bad:
- harsher ride on small bumps because lower tyre walls that flex less
- poorer ride on big bumps because bigger wheel is heavier
- wheels and tyres are more expensive

It is true that because 16" wheels are both heavier and that weight is further out from the axis of rotation they have more momentum, so you acceleration will be less. But the difference between a 15 and a 16 shouldn't be enough to notice.