ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17’s and a -60mm drop any problems

just wondered if there would be a problem with 17s and a -60mm drop on a mk2 clio?? also would i be able to take more than 3 peeps, and has anyone got any pics of this drop?

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

mate if you want some p.is i know a place that does em for 58 quid delivered -cheap as chips next day delivery too!!!! just got some -60mm ones myself.

Ive also got a 60mm drop on spax springs and yep no problems at all.

the pi 60mm springs seem to drop about 10-15 lower than the spax ones for some reason tho.

Nope, no arch work at all,

i had 6 pplz in mine and over humps i didnt rub! all u need is the correct offset wheels

Well all you need to know is freds is lowered well over 60mm and is ok with 17s, though he did a bit of arch tidying for the full 110mm!

I dont have 17s but 16s lowered 80mm and it can take 4 people in the back no problem, my wheels are ET38.5. You want wheels as close as ET37 as poss.

-Rob

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

wont rub if you have the right offset. my mates has got a 172 with 17s on a 40mm drop and they catch on the rear because his offset must be wrong.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I dont understand how there is no scrubbing with 17s and drop. Ive got a boot full of ice and had 3 (fairly large) people in the back a couple of nights ago and I noticed today that the inner arches at the rear have melted slightly due to the tyres rubbing. Standard suspension, 195/50/15s on dynamique wheels. Any ideas?

PS the tyre had almost disappered into the arch as well! Looked smart as!