ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 or 15

Clio 1.2 16v
can u post pics of ur 15" or 17" alloys (not renault alloys) on the car (side on if poss)
on a mk2 ph2.

No more clio's for me!
17's look ace...but are too big, as i found out. lol

IMG_4045.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

16's all day long imo

No more clio's for me!
On 1.2 you'll be fine, i had 'em on my old one and too tbh there's not much difference in handling, i just wouldn't bother on a sport imo.

Pic of the my old 1.2...

Picture024_1.jpg

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
I'm on 17" ET 43 plus put 5mm spacers all round (it didn't need 'em but the handlings better).

I love these wheels.... They are anthrecite supperleggeras17"

I have to say though even though I've lowered it 30mm on koni's it does still look a bit too talk fron the wrong angle.

If I adn't already spent so much I go for -60mm on 16"

Attachments

• Image037.jpg
    Image037.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Image043.jpg
    Image043.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 22
  Black PH2 172 FF
Dutty - how come you remove your number plate for some pics, but not others?

P.S - What splitter is that? Is it a cup splitter? Looks nice, looking for a new one myself, for my Dynamique...

Breaking A 172 Replica
I cannot see the advantages of 17s myself:

Make clios look like tractors, ruin the ride, ruin the handling, tyres cost a bomb, increase the likely hood of rubbing, slow acceleration (especially on something like a 1.2) and to top it all off are much easier to buckle/crack/bend.

Based on the above I would certainly go for 15s or if you like the look of bigger alloys 16s.

80MPG BEEZA
put 17's on u run the risk of looking like a bag head, get yourself a set of lightweight 15's its the way forward!

Clio 1.2 16v
15" look no were as nice, they look too small imo, and makes the car looks like a toy.
the alloys am after, they only got them in 15" or 17". wished they did have it in 16" tho.
cant make up my mind lol

stay away from 17's on a 1.2 fella, I've got them on my clio, yes they look good but 16's would look better as I feel they look slightly too big and they make my car painfully slow as its only a 1.2 go for 15's and slam it...

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
ahhh wolfrace street octanes. i was after something like that but, like you said, only available in 15s and 17s. try lenso rs5s in black with silver lip, look much better. theyre 5 spoke with a deepish dish and are available in 16s

1.6 16v
Very true Batman! :)

This is mine with 17's on its its was soooo slow, it took 6 weeks to get to 70!

139-SMALL.jpg

140-SMALL.jpg

This is mine on 15's atm, handles and performs so much better! :D

054-SMALL.jpg

040-SMALL.jpg

Steve