ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

172 "cough/backfire"

MJClio

South East - Kent
ClioSport Area Rep
  Ph1 Clio 172
Afternoon guys,

Got a weird issue with my 172, I've only just started using it regularly again and it's obviously more annoying now.

It basically has a random "cough", it doesnt always happen, and it is literally one cough, it can do this once in each gear a few times after 6k. No engine lights or anything, and all pulls nicely.

It has a 182 engine, with 428 catcams. Mapped by Engine Dynamics. The issue occurred once during mapping which showed the knock sensor signal dropping out. Have fitted a new knock sensor and wiring checked with no issues to report, issue is still there.

Today I've checked and cleaned plugs, sensor connectors and HT leads. Leads were a bit grim at the coil pack end, also found the throttle body connector was a bit naff, had been chewed up, so fitted new TB and also wired a new connector for that. I'm hoping this sorts the issue.

Anyone else had similar to this issue?