ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Failed Emissions... Badly

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Following up on my previous post (https://cliosport.net/threads/172-cup-massively-over-fuelling.850820/) I thought I'd check if you had any other ideas about what could be causing my emissions problems before getting it remapped. As you can see it failed on everything! I know it needed a new cat last year to get through the MoT before I bought it, so I'm expected it's got a cheap ebay special on it. But just a bad cat wouldn't cause the hydrocarbons to be that high? And similarly I don't think a bad map would cause the CO to be that bad unless I'm mistaken?

Occasionally my emissions light comes on, however only if the car is sat idling for a ~1 minute when it hasn't fully warmed up.

Thanks

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Could an inlet gasket/seal leak cause emissions problems?
Certainly could, still wouldn't explain the hydrocarbons though I don't think (Although I realised I didn't upload the results so here they are)
20240922_115029.JPG

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Was only wondering as I had took mine to Mick @Diamonds to be checked over and he said I had leaks from both upper and lower inlet manifolds and also the map and air temp sensors which the ECU was just about managing to keep within range.

I know very little about engines and emissions though.