ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

172 CUP - NC03YYP

3 series, 172 Cup
Hi everyone!

Recently I started a thread on whether to buy a clio exclusive, I then changed my mind when I found out a mechanic friend of mine has decided to sell his 172 Cup. He bought it on eBay and had a list as long as his arm to fix. Mechanically it is sound after he has serviced it and it has a fresh MOT but could do with the exterior getting tidied up which is what I plan on doing.

Few quick questions and any advice is great!

1) Does anyone recognise the reg? NC03YYP. It was registered near Newcastle/North East England
2) What insurance companies do people use? I'm 27 with 3 points on my license with 2 years no claims. Compare the market etc are the usual go toos but anyone have any experience with the likes of specific insurance companies?
3) Turinis could do with a refurb. Any inspiration out there? Like the idea of standard silver to keep it OEM looking otherwise I like the idea of a dark bronze colour

Attachments

• 20200708_181904.jpg
    20200708_181904.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20200708_181914.jpg
    20200708_181914.jpg
    906.9 KB · Views: 61
  172 cup + more
Looks good, I use greenlight insurance, I think Neil from greenlight is on or was on this forum. I've had good service from them. Regarding the turinis I'd go for silver OEM spec (but then I am biased!)

Will look forward to updates!

3 series, 172 Cup
Did you guys use spacers? I have heard a few other people using spacers to give the car a more aggressive look but I quite like it as it is.

Who do you use to insure the car?