ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup to Williams

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
\I'm just musing really, but please join in and give me your thoughts!
Currently, I have a 172 cup. I havent had it for more than a couple of months but so far I have pumped bilthamber wax stuff into every crevice, painted everything metal underneath in epoxy paint and basically tried to protect it from the ravages of time as much as possible. I use it pretty much every day for taking the kids to school,shopping,etc. I love it and its just what I need in a car. But....I'm starting to wonder if a Williams might be just as useful and suit me just as much but just be that little bit more "special". Obviously its a lot older, but if I could buy a decent one and then similarly pump it full of protection wax,etc. and look after it like I am with the cup, would that be a good idea or would I be asking for trouble. Basically, what would be the difference between running a 2003 172 cup and a 1995 Williams? 8ish years older but is it more prone to rust, are bits impossible to find,etc,etc... I feel the need to discuss this:) any and all thoughts, abuse, etc is welcome! cheers. WIll

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
but apart from the rust ad the lack of replacement parts.....i guess i'd be looking at the rust and the lack of replacement parts right?:)
i like teh look of this one, although I'm well aware what " a small bubble of rust" can potentially mean when you start digging.

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
Its just idle musings...since I made the first post I've decided i'd like an alfa gtv, then a delta integrale, then a, then a....etc,etc. as i'm sure we all do:)
Talking of integrales, i must have missed something but last time i looked they werent anywhere near the sort of money people want for them now. Its utterly nuts!