ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cuts out at low RPM

Clio 2 Ph2 K4J
Hello, my 172 ph2 is cutting out when im driving away from a stop or when im driving out of a hairpin turn at 2nd gear. It doesent happen all the time tho.

My father pointed out that it could be a faulty Lambda sensor or that the engine needs some run time again because it was stationary for 4 Years.

Clio 2 Ph2 K4J
It only accurs when the engine gets below 2000 RPM and dissapears after that. I dont think that its a lambda because it feels more like a ignition problem. Im looking forward to order some Coils, Cabels and new Plugs and if it doesent dissapear then continue the search.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Could be the MAP sensor. Is it secure against the manifold? may even be worth trying that first.

If there's no misfire, throwing money at ignition related items seems a waste. I may be wrong.

Clio 2 Ph2 K4J
Could be the MAP sensor. Is it secure against the manifold? may even be worth trying that first.

If there's no misfire, throwing money at ignition related items seems a waste. I may be wrong.
You can hear it abit from the exhaust. But the Plugs, Coilpack and the Wires look fine. Im gonna take apart it more and see if i can reach the MAP sensor

Clio 182
Have you tried the PAS sensor, can cause it to cutout at low rpm, when idling and stationary turn the steering side to side, rpm should go up.

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Try getting some decent fuel through it , super unleaded. Then clean the sensors up. You can get to the main ones no problem. Happy to take a pick under my bonnet tomorrow if you get stuck.

Also check your throttle body butterfly. The opening and closing part. Make sure it'd not sticking and give it a clean.

Clio 2 Ph2 K4J
Try getting some decent fuel through it , super unleaded. Then clean the sensors up. You can get to the main ones no problem. Happy to take a pick under my bonnet tomorrow if you get stuck.

Also check your throttle body butterfly. The opening and closing part. Make sure it'd not sticking and give it a clean.
I got like 2-3 Tanks of 98 RON trough it now. But then i try to clean the sensors. Just the one that i can reach or also other ones?