ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 driveshafts part number?

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hello,

As I did not receive any confirmation from JR parts with what driveshafts should I buy for my 172 non cup Clio, I ask here if anyone could help me with the part numbers for 172 non cup driveshafts.
Does the 182 non cup ones fits? I like better the driver side inner boot style compared to 172 one.
I've read some topics here but no one need for non cup versions.

Thanks,
Radu

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
AFAIK the Phase 2 172’s use the same drive shafts as the 182’s. The 172 Cup is different.

All 182’s have the same ones, it’s just the hubs & bearings that are different.

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
15619696187452172054017899081288.jpg

This is the part they sent me DS248 but my original has a pressed on rubber seal at the gearbox end and this doesn't. Still haven't had an answer back from them to confirm if I need to source a seal or if this design doesn't require one

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
The seal is seperate from the shaft iirc, it is fitted to the gearbox.

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
Yeh it's weird my original shaft seems to have some sort of dust seal pressed on during manufacture that aftermarket replacements don't have.

Attachments

• IMG_20190701_103609.jpg
    IMG_20190701_103609.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20190701_103709.jpg
    IMG_20190701_103709.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 201

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
I just swapped mine over from the old shaft.
Couldn't budge mine but it's been on there for 18 years I suppose. Think I've found the correct part anyway and it's only £2
part no. 8200117465
if anyone else needs a new one.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Have you got any rubbing issues on the engine block with the driver side one?

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
Not fitted the new ones yet as my gearbox is in for a rebuild but at a previous MOT the garage changed the CV gator and the band they used to secure it fouled on the block and splattered grease all over the place as soon as I drove off ?. The boot clips/bands on these are almost flush with the shaft so don't see there being any issue

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Not fitted the new ones yet as my gearbox is in for a rebuild but at a previous MOT the garage changed the CV gator and the band they used to secure it fouled on the block and splattered grease all over the place as soon as I drove off ?. The boot clips/bands on these are almost flush with the shaft so don't see there being any issue
Can you please reply after fitting them?
Cheers

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
Yeh sure, will be a few weeks though as I'm waiting for Quaife

Ojc

Clio 220 Trophy, 172
I just bought a pair for spares, I’ll cut the block down to prevent fouling just hope they last if ever needed