ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 front bumper

gen 7 celica
hey guys i know a couple of people have had this done but was looking for some advice. how can a 172 front bumper be modified to fit a non sport clio. is this something i could do myself whats involved and what tools would i need etc. any advice is appreciated. cheers

fiesta 1.25
My brother did it on his 1.2 dynamic.Basicly he just cut the bumper to fit the side wings and dont know how he attached it this is how it looks anyway!
S3010100.jpg

ahh thats cool, few others did it too, ie: mikeyb, dutty112.
i took my car in for the 172 front bumper to be fitted, but it would have cost me too much as the standard dynamique wings were not wide enough. funny enough my 172 wings came in the post this morning. taking the car into bodyshop today to fit. now the front bumper will fit no problem, will get pics up when the car comes out of shop.

jay

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
My brother did it on his 1.2 dynamic.Basicly he just cut the bumper to fit the side wings and dont know how he attached it this is how it looks anyway!
S3010100.jpg

Looks good, but theres a large panel gap between the two!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Its quite a tricky process to get 100% right.

Otherwise it bends/twists the bumper, or you start cracking the origional wings!

I saw how much work they did when they re-moulded my bumper and wing brackets. Wudnt do it again tho, would simply buy new wings.

gen 7 celica
thanks for the advice guys. have just got new side skirts fitted and think the front is to high thats why i was considering the 172 front bumper. have been looking at splitters cant find any decent one's though. any suggestions?

A well built VW
You really need to get the wings if your gonna do a 172 lookalike and its easy to do

Best bet for splitters is either K-Tec or Prima