ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Gearbox Oil Change

Seismic

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Sport 172
Hi All,

Had a replacement gearbox fitted 5 months ago, just started to notice a faint whine in 4th and 5th gears at low speeds. I'm going to change the oil first to see if this makes a difference. There are so many brands to choose from, which is the best oil to use. Would appreciate any advice. Am I right in thinking it should be GL5?

Also I have my old gearbox in the garage and may need to have this rebuilt, it was pretty noisy before I swapped it out. Any idea on a rough cost for a rebuild?

Cheers

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi All,

Had a replacement gearbox fitted 5 months ago, just started to notice a faint whine in 4th and 5th gears at low speeds. I'm going to change the oil first to see if this makes a difference. There are so many brands to choose from, which is the best oil to use. Would appreciate any advice. Am I right in thinking it should be GL5?

Also I have my old gearbox in the garage and may need to have this rebuilt, it was pretty noisy before I swapped it out. Any idea on a rough cost for a rebuild?

Cheers
Redline mtl for road use or mt90 if it sees track work mate.

Drop me a pm and I’ll be able to give you a rough idea of costings on a rebuild. 👍🏻