ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 HT Leads (Buying advice)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Which HT leads should I buy for my 172?

One of it's problems is an electrical fault causing it to cut out and arching HT leads are the most likely culprit, the fact that I can't remember them ever being changed or if they have I can't remember when, means they're due for a change anyway, they seem to come in 8mm 8.5mm 10mm and range from £20 - £100, I have no clue which ones I need or where I should buy them.

I did a search on here but that just left me with more questions, any advice?

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I would just get standard new leads, think you can get them from renault parts direct

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
So what size do I need and where do i buy them from?

I couldn't find them on RPD.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Are you sure you're ready to screw this car up after last weeks efforts on the Golf?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I just went for some cheap-ish NGK leads. No issues so far on my 182, I figured if they can make good plugs they can make good leads, didn't feel the need to spend £100+ quid on wires for a road car.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I just went for some cheap-ish NGK leads. No issues so far on my 182, I figured if they can make good plugs they can make good leads, didn't feel the need to spend £100+ quid on wires for a road car.
How much were they and where did you get them from?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Ok nice one, looks like a full set for a 172 is basically a hundred quid whichever I buy, at least I have a couple of options, cheers lads.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
£25 is fne i'll get them off ebay, I don't trust autodoc after reading a lot of people get sent they're own brand stuff rather than what they actually ordered.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah those ones linked above are what I got, full set. Fit fine and work fine, no complaints. Have seen people mention slightly different lengths between 182 and 172 leads, but I think you can just route them slightly differently and that may only affect 182s.