ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph2 problem

Clio 172 2002
Hi, ok I've researched as much as possible but have come to a dead end. Basically unlock the car and go to start it and it turns over for three or so seconds with the red immob light on solid but won't fire, so far I've changed the tdc sensor, checked the loom for signs of breaks, checked and swapped relays, not much sign of corrosion etc, performed the key in ign and turn to 2 then dis battery reset but all with no luck. Completely stumped now. Amy other ideas or who can I tow the car to near Aylesbury. Thanks in advance.

Black Sheep
Have you done the reset by holding the button on the end of the wiper stalk whilst turning the key?

Black Sheep
Hold the button and turn the key.

But not as far as to fire the engine if you know what I mean.

Make sure you hold the button.

The dash will start going weird making a noise and the needles will go up and down.

Turn off again.

Try and start the engine again.

She should fire hopefully.

Clio 172 2002
No. No change. Really don't know what to do next. No point taking it to a local garage as they will just say its immobiliser problem.