ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172PH1,Spark Plugs/TDC Sensor Part Numbers

2001 X Reg 172 PH1
Hi

After reading through these forums im of the opinion that my starting problems are prob down to spark plugs or TDC sensor , so im going to change them both .

Ive been quoted £120 for Spark Plugs and £150! for replacing the TDC sensor from Renault, needless to say im going to have a crack myself .

Can someone confirm the part no's for both parts that i need , sepcifically for my model car 2001 172 , and will any old 10/16mm spark plug remover do ?

Do i have to get the TDC from Renault, and how important is replacing this gasket that i will come across when changing the spark plugs?and can i only get that from Renault also?

Cheers

330i. E30 Touring.
Easy job for both.

Be carful when removing and replacing the plugs, it's all too easy to damage the thread on the plugs.

TDC sensor is just two 10mm bolts. (I have a 2nd hand spare one if you want to try that?)

My gasket under the plenum was just like a rubber seal. I didn't replace it and it was fine.

PH-QUICK
I got the spark plugs off ebay for £30, and didn't bother with a new gasket as the old one looked in good shape. £30 for a £120 Renault job.

2001 X Reg 172 PH1
Thanks for the replies , im hoping if i put new spark plugs and a new TDC sensor on it will pretty much last til i get rid of it .

One comment the TDC sensor in the ebay link in the post above if £50 , is that about right ? i'd throught id read they were about £20 .

Cheers

i'm not sure how much it will cost from renault but the new style includes a new loom aswell so i'm guessing it would be more expensive than the TDC on its own. From what I've read theres no point in replacing it unless you are going to use the newer type so it might be worth giving the old one a clean before you spend the money.