ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

181bhp at 7000rpm

Suzuki SV1000S

K&N OPEN induction Kit with heat shield, Scorpion Cat Back system, Remapped ECU

Cant wait to see what I push out with my new system - Hand Made 3" bore stainless pipe manifold to 4" bore back box

Suzuki SV1000S

When I ran it in the same setup but with a closed carbon airbox and no ecu I got 168bhp - With ecu I got 176bhp - So in my opinion an open IK works

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 27 July 2005

When I ran it in the same setup but with a closed carbon airbox and no ecu I got 168bhp - With ecu I got 176bhp - So in my opinion an open IK works

So your telling us you get an extra 5bhp from an open I/K???:confused:

Seems weird your the only person that has gains with an open i/k over a closed i/k!

3" bore! wow bet thats loud. mine is the same as urs but 2.5"bore (Backbox-2.5" bore all the way to the Manifold!) and thats loud. would like to hear that one day!.

also if ur looking for a good closed filter iv got a MAXOGEN *in stock* for £345

p.s i know u saud that u like Open filters but this closed one realy is good as u know.

Suzuki SV1000S

Yeah I will be getting a Maxogen kit if I still have the car mate!!

Smoking - I am telling it like it is dude - My engine likes open kits.

Exhaust is bloody loud mate - Pops when I change gear and stuff - love it!!

Suzuki SV1000S

More for the sound for me matey - That is why I would be intreged to see at next RR-day whether I have lost power through back pressure or not

Ex Ph-Quick

Smokey you obviously didnt read my thread about my typhoon kit got 9bhp at mid range.

George did i ever comment on the other vids you sent me?

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

George- Your not goin Midlands rolling road are you?

Its a shame cos i reckon our power could be pretty much the same.

;)

You had bore size checked? 3inch Bore to 4 inch Back box? If too much back pressure is lost will lose torque and possibly BHP

Suzuki SV1000S

This is a possibility but the noise is great and 172s are fast enough as standard anyway!

James I am away for quite a while wanted to go to midlands RR but am busy sorry!