ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 alarm not setting and continuing to go off

Clio 182
Hey guys. I know this has been done to death but I have trawled through and cannot seem to find the answer to the problem I've got.
The alarm on my 182 isn't setting correctly. When I lock the car it does a long continuous beep for a minute or two and then goes off. If I look at the red LED near the gear stick when I lock the car, this is SOLID RED. Does anyone know what this could be??

I have seen suggestions that the car thinks a door is open however I'm not convinced this is the problem. Reason being, if I shut all doors and don't try and set the alarm, then it tries to lock itself and eventually goes off. HOWEVER, if I leave a door or the boot open, then the car does not try and lock. Therefore, surely the car knows when the doors are and aren't open...(hope that makes sense!). I have recently bought a new bonnet switch (installed yesterday) as I heard this usually fixes the alarm issue. It was fine for like 30 mins and locked normally then boom, the alarm goes off again and then does the same long beep when I try and lock it. Lastly, (and I don't know if this is related or not) but is it normal to be able to turn the radio, sidelights and headlights on without having the key in the ignition...???

Can anyone offer some advice on what to check, would be much appreciated!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Most cars you can turn the lights and radio on with no keys?

Apart from that I’m no help.

Clio 182 FF
Try disconnecting the tailgate lock switch. That worked for me. Same problem. If you turn the ignition on and look at the door open light. When I had the tailgate shut and wiggled the tailgate about the light was flickering on and off.

Clio 182
Did you solve the issue?

My 182 alarm keeps randomly going off in the middle of the night 1-4 am and neighbours are going mad.

Anyone know how to lock the lock without the alarm??

Or disconnect / pull a fuse to cut the siren etc???

Anything!!??