ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cat theft

Clio Trophy
Is this a thing now?

I just went out to give the 182 a bit of a run for the first time in a couple of weeks only to discover some scum have nicked the cat. I thought Japanese stuff was more typically targetted (Prius/Jazz etc).

How much damage is likely to have been caused? I'm not sure the layout of the std exhaust. Do they have a separate downpipe or am I going to be stung for a manifold, cat, centre pipe & lambda sensors?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Depends if they've cut the flange of the exhaust manifold off, or been kinder to you and left that on.

Take a picture.

Clio Trophy
No flanges of course!

Attachments

• scum.jpg
    scum.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 197

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yup they’ve taken everything and wrecked your manifold I’m afraid.

Clio Trophy
wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I guess it's too optimistic to think it's part that would be replaced with the new lambdas too...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I guess it's too optimistic to think it's part that would be replaced with the new lambdas too...

Possibly part of the lambda wiring, hard to make out which bit from the picture.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Absolute rancid b******s. The flanges have all gone but if you’re happy running no cat at least they’ve cut on the straight bit so it’d be easy enough for an exhaust place to weld a bit of straight pipe in. Looks like you’re going to need new lambda sensors too though 🙁

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'll start running a cat when the police actually start doing something about the crime. Its pathetic how many have been stolen over the last year!

Decat on and cat for the MOT.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't think 182 cats were worth all that much as they're a sports cat from factory?

172 cats are worth a shitload and you can't expect your average catalyst thief to know the difference between the two cars.

172 Turbo
Two more mentioned on CSOC today, also heard it mentioned on a US youtube channel thought it was a UK only crime.