ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Central Locking Problem

182 FF
Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with my 182 central locking (as you probably guessed from the title lol)

When I push the key the drivers door works fine, boot works fine, but passenger door wont lock or unlock! I have taken the door card off and there was no power getting to the locking mechanism.

I have checked and there is no break in the wire anywhere in the door.

I am now a little out of ideas. Has anyone had this problem or know what may be causing it / any possible solutions.

Many thanks and happy new year to you all!

:)

COuld be a damaged/swet UCh or the wiring to the door is damaged need to start stripping more bits down have you got a multimeter an handy with electris? if so I'll find out which wires on the UCH power the window and work the drivers switch (could be thats which is at fault as it runs the window as well)

182 FF
thanks for the reply, what exactly is a UCH? and I have been using a voltmeter to check the electrics. What do you suggest I do now? One thing to note is that It currently has not wheel arch liner on that side so loom probably gets splashed.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
UCH, i needed mine replacing a few weeks ago because i had a central locking problem. just hope its still under warrenty as it was £300 job

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
the UCH control all the electrics of the car if i remembr rightly,id not heard of it before i took it in to renault and they told me. controls the wipers, locks, alarm etc

182 FF
thnx for that anni.:)

This is a long shot but do you know if the UCH is unique to each vehicle i.e could I just go and get one from a scrap yard and plug into my car? Its 05 clio but not sure its under waranty.:S

Ta verrrrry much :)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
yes they are as they have the immob code in them for the keys. the the multi meter quick enough to show the pulse going to the solenoid to lock/unlock it?

Yep tried it on the boot and it showed up fine. What doe UCH stand for? Is it essentially another name for ECU?

Nope UCH is the sort of central PC of the car its under the passenger glove box. it controls well msot of the stuff realy.