ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cruise Control

RS 189.9
I know this is a very small issue and hasnt affected me too much but was wondering if there was a simple solution! when i try use the cruise control it just says Set MPH and does nothing thereafter any ideas??
Thanks in advance guys!

Fabia vrs tdi
Get to the speed you want set it while driving then press the buttons on the left of the steering wheel to set your exact speed.

My preference is 99mph

RS 189.9
Err no idea.. im going to be brutally honest i dont know exactly what button it is, but no matter what i do cruise control isnt kicking in.. iv fiddled on the motorway for a while and having no success, people driving behind me must think im drunk with all the speeding up and slowing down i did!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
You are pressing the button to the side of the steering wheel? Once you do that, a small green symbol should appear, as gwilkes says. Then just press the "+" button on the steering wheel when you're at the desired speed.

04 Clio 182 Sport
^+1

If the light on ur dash is orange, you have the toggle switch on the right, flicked the wrong way

RS 189.9
I will try it guys! The serv light isnt on so it isnt that.
No im pretty sure there is no green symbol.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
As said orange symbol = speed restrictor

Green symbol = Cruise control.

Then use the + - On the steering wheel to adjust the speed.

I much prefer using the speed restrictor to the cruise control.

clio 182
U got led lights/bulbs? After doing a search on here for like an hour. Found a thread n it was about a guy with the same problem. And the cc checks the current of the brake lights to work and if a bulb goes it doesn't let u used the cc control for some reason and coz LEDs run a lower current the cc thinks the bulbs have gone and it doesn't work. I had this problem. Took my led bulbs out n put normal bulbs bk in and the cc works everytime now.

RS 189.9
Iv only just got this car and theres no LEDs as far as i know? This is a noodle scratcher! i will have a check though Scunny thankyouu!

clio 182
could also be ur brake sensor on ur break pedel. and sure sum1 with more techincal know how will exaplain for me lol

You are pressing the button to the side of the steering wheel? Once you do that, a small green symbol should appear, as gwilkes says. Then just press the "+" button on the steering wheel when you're at the desired speed.

you first need to switch it on, to the right of the steering wheel and about the height of your knee, there is a switch

Tav

Clio 197
If you can't work it out in less than a minute without an instruction manual you should probably just tear up your driving license, it's all just too complicated for you.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If you can't work it out in less than a minute without an instruction manual you should probably just tear up your driving license, it's all just too complicated for you.

If it doesn't work...and you don't know what you're looking for, it can be an issue...if there is a switch, or brake light problem...then how are you supposed to know?

clio 182
guess, thats what i had to do, had my sensor replaced, adjusted a few times, then researched a found out that it was leds bulbs thats could b the problem, changed them and its all sorted

RS 189.9

Thanks really good input there... its switched on, im doing everything i need to. Thanks EVERYONE ELSE il see if i can get someone to look at the sensors :)

Fabia vrs tdi
Should do, just intimidate them into doing it for free.

It would take them two mins to jump in the car to check it