ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Juddering + Enging Light Flashing + Lack of Power?

BG182®
Had the car for one day now and I have my first issue.... yippeee :(

The car seems to start up fine with no problems but as soon as I pull away the little orange, engine light appears flashing in the right hand corner and the car seems to struggle to get power.

Further on when I'm cruising the light will disappear and power will come back but all of a sudden it seems to lose the oomph again and struggles.

Sod's law I took it to a Renault dealer just near to my work and it didn't happen once. He drove it and gave it a boot and it ran fine....

One more thing when its lacking power it seems to make a noise like an old steam train when I put my foot down sort of like a cha cha cha sound lol.

I'm having it looked at in a few days as I cant leave work to go any sooner but any idea's on what it could be would be great chapo's

Caterham 270R
Lamba sensor or whatever the things called ??:eek:

That went on mine and the car juddered and lost power ( Warranty claim though )

Only a thought i aint mechanical minded hense working in a bodyshop !!

RB 182
Mine had exactly the same problems last week. changed the coil pack but that didnt solve it. took the plugs out to check them and they were badly corroded. changed them and car was running perfectly after that.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sounds like a mis-fire, this seems to be happening to everyone the now!

Itll either be the COil pack, HT Leads or a failed cylinder possibly. As said, maybe try and change the plugs and see if that brings harmony back to the loud pedal

BG182®
Sounds like a mis-fire, this seems to be happening to everyone the now!

Itll either be the COil pack, HT Leads or a failed cylinder possibly. As said, maybe try and change the plugs and see if that brings harmony back to the loud pedal

I would of thought if it was the spark plugs it would have a poor start up. but at a twist of a key it fire's up strait away.

This morning coming in to work it ran perfect up until about 5 minutes later it started to loose power again. It seems to start well but but when warming up it seems to lack come back and when fully warned it seems to run better....

Doubt it's a coilpack problem, sounds like its going in to limp mode so is a sensor fault somewhere.

Various
Could be lambda sensor, spark plugs or coil pack. When were the plugs last changed?

I would see if you can borrow a coil pack off someone.

ff 182
ive had this problem and have now had it fixed . check throttle pedal? and also check your wiring (i had water on my electric's)

Titanium Clio 182
sorry for stealing this thread, but where abouts is the coil pack, i'm going to take the plastic cover of the engine in a few hours. To check my ht leads (don't even know what they look like) so any help and hints would be great as I have EXACTLY the same problem as the creator of this thread.

Clio 182 FF
i had this problem soon after i bought mine from a garage... they jet washed the engine. Water got through the the spark plugs somehow and they corroded them... they replaced them with new ones and the car was rubbing fine.... Could be this.

Titanium Clio 182
Just checked the HT leads from the Coil pack and they look ok, not too dirty, wiped them and put them back in, ran up and was the same problem. Is there a way of testing the coil pack.

Titanium Clio 182
Didn't want to take the air maifold off as I don't have a spare gasket so can't check that side, the spark plugs where only changed a few months back.

M

mini-valver

Just buy a coilpack and fit it, if it cures it, you're sorted. If not, wipe it down, re-box it and take it back.

Other than that and leads, you'll want to get it plugged in or you'll end up throwing sensor after sensor at it.

You say the plugs were changed, which plugs were used? Need to be OE Renault plugs from NGK.

Titanium Clio 182
I don't know what plugs!!!

Had a service done at this random garage in Portsmouth as it was in for its MOT. It had hight emissions then and was overfuelling. I then took it to Ren-Tech and he changed the oxygen sensor. I bought a coil pack for 14.99 +VAT and Delivery from 24-7 breakers, should arrive tomorrow he said.

If its not that, then it will be the HT cables i'll be looking at next, they were £30, might just let the garage do it as you have to take the air inlet manifold off and I aint got a gasket.