ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 misfire p0303

rs182 r 5 gt turbo
Hi guys, I’m new here but got myself a 182 with both cup packs and been an amazing little car, until my drive home a few nights ago and noticed a small loss in power and slight misfire, got home about a 5 mile drive and plugged in my reader and got fault p0303 misfire cylinder 3 so gone through some posts on here and now changed leads,plugs,coil pack, both lambda sensors and injectors, map sensor changed too and new coolant sensor, only thing not changed is the cat itself but can this be causing a misfire, all compression levels are pretty much spot on to. Any help would be great on this as I’m stuck now on what to do.

RB Clio 182
It sounds like injector 3, but as you have changed that it probably rules that out, is it still missing in the same cylinder after changing the injectors? Were they new?

Maybe get in plugged into renault clip diagnostics for a more accurate reading?

rs182 r 5 gt turbo
It sounds like injector 3, but as you have changed that it probably rules that out, is it still missing in the same cylinder after changing the injectors? Were they new?

Maybe get in plugged into renault clip diagnostics for a more accurate reading?
This is what I keep being told and I’ve tested the new injector and it’s giving me the same reading as the old one of about 10ohms and from reading posts on here, they are supposed to be around 15ohms. Will go and have a swap around and spray test and see what’s going on. Thank you for your input

RB Clio 182
This is what I keep being told and I’ve tested the new injector and it’s giving me the same reading as the old one of about 10ohms and from reading posts on here, they are supposed to be around 15ohms. Will go and have a swap around and spray test and see what’s going on. Thank you for your input
You can unclip each injector one at a time and see if one of the injectors doesnt make a difference to the engine running/note, then thats the culprit.

rs182 r 5 gt turbo
Brand new injector or a used one?
It was brand new and only getting a reading of 10.6 ohms so I think it’s a faulty one, moved them around and the fault doesn’t follow, I’ve just picked up some new leads from Renault as the blue magnecor ones that came with the car seem too stretched and I’ve noticed a crack on th underneath of the coil pack, local Renault garage getting me one for Thursday

dan's cast offs.
genuine marelli one? trapped leads can give issues and the magnecore are easy to trap as well. won't bring up a code though.

rs182 r 5 gt turbo
nope, you did change no.3 from the flywheel end?
I did mate yeah as made sure I read up on here first what cylinder is what and I think I’ve heen had on the injector from local car spares as the injector isn’t marked up and it’s not giving me a great reading so picking up a Marelli one from Renault tomo. Did wonder why I paid £25 for new one