ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 problem, anyone else’s do this

hi, this is my first post, even though I have been reading these forum pages for a few months now. I drive a 182 with cup pack , in artic blue. Amzing car!!! Always brings a smile to my face even when I found it doing this, maybe its just a bit of character of the car -

Ensure the Window wiper switch is on automatic wipers, then start your car. After a few minutes of driving stop and then go to put the car into reverse, but only lift the gear stick thingy and move the gear stick across but dont put it forward into reverse, and look behind you....the rear window wiper comes on....ah...just had a thought maybe this is supposed to happen ....ummmm...any ideas?

Cheers

Mik

Its supposed to happen. sometimes helpfull sometimes not.

Its bloody annoying if its only slightly raining cos all that happens is it spreads loadsa dirt over the window and you cant see anything!

Its meant to happen, but someone on the forum said..

It was a great feature, until they had a bike rack on the back.. and then you couldnt reverse, heh.

I forget who now..

although it didnt have auto wipers, if the fronts wipers were on at all my CTR used to do the same thing. im with iceblue182 it caused the same problem in the CTR is the rear wiper was dirty

:DThanks...Glad I asked...would of felt a right nob if I had phoned the dealer....:)

it certainly makes you look back when your reversing...or are you suppoed to do that anyway:)

according to the uk goverment it would be hard to find a super thin kid these days......smileys/smiley4">

I was like wtf was that....

(speaking for 172) it doesnt do it if the wipers are off? you have to reset the auto wipers anyway after stopping the engine, before they will work at the front again (i think) so you might as well switch wipers to off when it aint raining?

i must say the so-called automatic wipers (front) are probably the only bad thing about the car. whats wrong with a variable intermittent?

at least you can turn off the automatic lights.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

think its called a smart rear wiper or something in the spec.

My Si used to do it too.......

:D

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that explains that then, just discovered it about 15 minutes ago after coming back fromn a wee bit of enthusiastic driving

cheers :)

Trophy 263 + 265

the auto wipers are good

but a pain in the arse that you have to turn them off and on again to ativate after you start the engine