ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Rear Calipers

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Looking for a little advice. I've just noticed my handbrake isn't working for the drivers side wheel. I've taken a look and it seems the swing arm is knackered (doesn't move back to position and doesn't do anything when the handbrake is up.

Is the below the correct part to replace the caliper? Is there a better place to get these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-RENA...+Sport&hash=item25884c2555:g:oloAAOSwAvFcbYQz

Annotation 2020-08-31 154755.jpg

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Other option is to get a Pagid one from ECP/CP4L

Works out cheaper to get it from CP4L at the moment. With their current 20% discount code, works out at £108.64 but that includes a £35 surcharge which you receive back when you return your old one, so would only be £73 excluding surcharge.

This one: https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/pagid-caliper-133545111

Doesn't include the pad carrier, but you can just unbolt your existing one (2 bolts) and swap it over, and you could also give it a lick of paint if you wanted.

Only suggesting this as an option; Pagid is a known good brand and what I would personally use.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Other option is to get a Pagid one from ECP/CP4L

Works out cheaper to get it from CP4L at the moment. With their current 20% discount code, works out at £108.64 but that includes a £35 surcharge which you receive back when you return your old one, so would only be £73 excluding surcharge.

This one: https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/pagid-caliper-133545111

Doesn't include the pad carrier, but you can just unbolt your existing one (2 bolts) and swap it over, and you could also give it a lick of paint if you wanted.

Only suggesting this as an option; Pagid is a known good brand and what I would personally use.

Thanks for the replies everyone, super helpful as always. I ended up buying the one from ECP earlier without realising anyone had replied to my post.
I have just tried the code on CP4L but it said it was invalid on the caliper.

Using code BANK70 on ECP gets it down to £127.06 with the surcharge so not too bad. Ordered some fluid too as I assume I'll need to flush that through?

holiday20.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks for the replies everyone, super helpful as always. I ended up buying the one from ECP earlier without realising anyone had replied to my post.
I have just tried the code on CP4L but it said it was invalid on the caliper.

Using code BANK70 on ECP gets it down to £127.06 with the surcharge so not too bad. Ordered some fluid too as I assume I'll need to flush that through?

View attachment 1493211
You could get 2 of those I posted for the price of 1 at ECP.
I guess it depends how quick you want the job doing.
Delivery from Autodoc takes about 1 week.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Yes youll need to bleed them, might as well bleed all of them while your at it.

All seems to have gone ok. I used the ez bleed kit and noticed it filled my reservoir entirely and I had to drain some of the fluid out. Is that normal? If not, any ideas why it would fill the reservoir like that?

The brakes seem fine.

Clio 172
Save starting a new thread any recommendations on NEW rear calipers brands as sending my current sent to be refurbed from Aus will blow cost out. These are for a track only car so prefer something decent.