ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 vs 200

Peug 205 clio 182
So I am again looking for another 182. Nothing has really caught my eye as yet. There seems to be quite a few rs 200s for sale but to me they don't look anywhere as good as the 182. What's people's thoughts on the 2? Are they completely different cars? Will the 200 be a savvy investment as the 182 is proving to be?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's been covered a lot of times

From my point of view the 182 is a cheaper, faster and funner daily
The 197/200 is about 10 times better round smooth corners, worse on back roads, a lot more expensive to run.

Really depends what you want it for, these days I'd pick a 1*2 for daily and a 197/200 for track life.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I’ve had all variants of the 172/182 and now a 200. The 200 feels a lot more grown up and planted although heavier maybe not as nimble, all are fantastic in their own right but have their gripes respectively.

I wouldn’t be buying one as an investment unless it was a seriously immaculate 172 Cup or a 182 Trophy or a rare coloured 200 with low miles as it’ll be a fairly large out lay and a long time before you see a return.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I have one of each, the 182 will be for sale though, mainly because I always fancied a mk3 and I've had the 182 3x longer than I've kept any other car!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Deerhound’s RB looks spot on, definitely worth a look at the very least. Don’t see many nice RBs come up for sale.