ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Wishbones where to buy

BMW 120D M Sport
Morning everyone,

Does anyone know if you can get new 182 wishbones from Eurocarparts or any parts supplier?

If anyone has before could you send me a link or part number?

Thanks

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member

BMW 120D M Sport
Cheers for the replies, I’ll just go Renault then i just didn’t know if anyone knew of decent after market ones.

Thanks again

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the replies, I’ll just go Renault then i just didn’t know if anyone knew of decent after market ones.

Thanks again

Im sure there are decent aftermarket ones but my OEM items lasted for 75k miles before I changed them so they must be decent enough to last that! On other cars I've bought some terrible aftermarket parts so these days try to stick with OEM or OEM suppliers where possible

ASH_7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Just to add to this thread....

Anyone looking for a Genuine Renault O/S Wishbone (8200257957) is going to struggle now as it looks like Renault have discontinued them!!

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I bought a pair from the eBay shop linked above a couple weeks ago for £175 delivered.

Hopefully, I'll be good for the next 15+ years now.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So with the OSF now discontinued, what are our options now if looking to replace them?

ASH_7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Have a look on this thread seems to be some options Thread..

Ah just checked the link.. out of stock! Sorry though I was being helpful lol

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
So with the OSF now discontinued, what are our options now if looking to replace them?

Refurbished originals for the Oe quality

or there’s plenty of cheaper copies on eBay. Seem a bit hit and miss with the ball joint position. Cup/non cup etc.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Buy a second hand pair, get them blasted and coated then fit uprated or genuine bushes.
What's the going rate for a used pair? Seen some mad prices for some that look as if they have been in the bottom of the sea chillin' with sponge bob...

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
A while back I got a pair off eBay which were 182 ones… apparently… the bushes were mucho smaller but fitted them and went with it. They work.

I’ve kept the original wishbones (originals from new) and will be having them powder coated with some new poly bushes eventually.

I’m not sure I want anymore wishdotcom specials..

Thebody

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio, Golf and Ceed
What's the going rate for a used pair? Seen some mad prices for some that look as if they have been in the bottom of the sea chillin' with sponge bob...
No idea, prices range so much. I was lucky got a pair with PMS strengthen plates welded on black series bushes and new ball joints for 40 quid.

Clio 182
I can't find any new genuine control arms for a reasonable price.

So I thought I'd just replace bushes in my original arms.
Powerflex want £192 for 4 bushes. Wtf. Dream on.

Clio 182
I looked on Renault parts direct to see if they sold the bushes and ball joint ends, but seems not.

They have 172 wishbones (slightly less camber apparently) but pretty expensive.

I have access to a press, so would like to get just the bushes ideally and replace myself in original control arms.

Anyone got any ideas where to get decent quality affordable bushes from?
Thanks in advance.