ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195/45/16 Hancook tyres?

2003 MR2 Roadster
HANKOOK not HANCOOK..sorry

What are these tyres like as just been offered some new one at a good price?

I know they won't be as good as Dunlop/Michelin etc but does anyone know what they are like?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a set on an Xr3i. They were as slippery as a wet fish. Skating on butter...

TBH, that was in the late 1990's, so i'd imagine their standard has increased a little since then! lol

2003 MR2 Roadster
I am paying the price for saving a few measly quid..The Hancook tyres I got really are dangerous!!..More slippery than a wet fish!!..

I previously had Continentals on all 4 corners - these were nearly worn down to the legal minimum level and yet performed about 80% better than the new Hancook rubber I bought.
I take roundabouts at 20mph and the car goes straight on - especially in the wet - infact I literally cannot accelerate in the wet unless in a straight line!!!

My advice - spend more and stick to the big boy brands like Dunlop, Michelin, Continental etc

I will be going out soon to buy some better ones soon..