ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 boot release

My 197 boot release appears to be playing silly buggers.

In the past, pressing the unlock button on the remote a few times would be enough to open all the doors including the boot, as I found it necessary to click it a couple of times to open the drivers and passenger door.

Recently I noticed that I'd need to press it several times in quick succession to get the boot to open as the actual boot button wouldn't release it.

Today I can't get it to open at all. I don't know if it's the button unit itself that needs replacing or a seperate solenoid. If I could get the boot open I'd take it all apart and see what it all looks like.

Anyone had it apart to sort a similar issue? I hope the plastic panel comes off with the boot shut whilst laid in the boot from inside the car, otherwise mynext step is to hope that this weekend a multitude of locking and unlocking gets the thing open.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Could be either really

The boot button is common for water ingress however this usually shows itself as the boot randomly popping open at any time,

The button can be easily stripped down mind so that would be where I'd start.

I'm also sure you can open the boot from inside I *think* there's a catch you can flick over

However I've had an issue with my mk3. Meggy drivers door where it would lock, but wouldn't unlock. That turned out to be the locking mech