ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Boot switch broken, cant open boot to fix it

Hi guys, so my boot switch has been a bit dicky over the past few days, the boot has been randomly open when starting the car and stuff, so ive ordered another switch, but then tonight its given up, is there an easy way to get to it from the inside? Im hoping i can get the trim off and plug the new switch in and open it or am i being too hopeful?

Thanks in advance!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes crawl into the boot and I’m sure you can get the inside boot cover off enough to be able to pull/posh the latch rod to get in.

If anyone else has this problem, theres no need to remove the interior boot trim. If you crawl into the boot, on the boot latch on the inside, theres a white circular piece of plastic behind a transparent silicone cover that can be pierced. With a screwdriver, pierce the silicone and push the circular white piece of plastic the the left and the boot will unlatch.

You can then pull out the boot switch from the outside and fit the new one.