ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st Service coming up...

RS 182

Hey, a have a 53 clio billabong which is soon in need of a service as its nearly on 18000 miles.

Can I have my service done by someone other than a renault dealer (who would be my brother who is a mechanic) or does renault have to do it?

If renault has to do it, do u have any idea how much this costs?

Anyone can do it you dont even have to do it at all.

However if Renault dont do it (they charge between £100 and £160 usually to do it)

Any garage can do it and assuming they use official parts then the warently is still valid. Its only cancelled on bits which they can prove the claim isnt due to them ie if the garage messes up installing the air filter and you need some warently work done on it then Renault can can refuse as the garage who made the mistake are to blame. They couldnt refuse any work on say the electrics though as the garage didnt touch them.

If you dont have it serviced then if Renault can prove that by not having it serviced resulted in you trying to make a cliam they can refuse it.

Personally Id shop round and get Renault to do it. The ECU is likely to need updating whith new software etc anyway.

Just dont let Renault charge you for extras ie new wipers brakes etc as you can do them yourself very cheap (and its easy)

renault cheap you must be joking one the worst dealers in europe for prices. they are useless!

give you nothing money grabbing b*stards!

sorry about that i got my car of a bad dealer!:eek: