ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st time claying advise please!!!!!

182 has now gone!
This weekend I am going to clay my boyfriends car.. He has got a black golf gti (which he vary rarely washes). I wash and polish it for him as oftern as I can (when I am not doing my car!) but the paint work still feels bumpy and rough afterwards, not smooth.. After claying I will give it a few coats of ag super resin and ag extra gloss, maybe some carnuba wax as well?...

As this is my first time claying I was wondering of anyone could give me any tips or advise so I dont bodge it up...

Thanks x :D

R35 GTR
Wash the car like you normally do before claying, makes the clay last longer.

Roll the clay in your hand to warm it up and lubricate the paint with whatever you have. and rub, simple as that. Just make sure you never let the paint go dry as it makes a mess , and fold the clay when it gets dirty.

106 GTi
As long as its is soft, is kneaded to give a a clean face regular, plenty of lubrication you will be fine.

Warm water helps and a blast in the microwave is usefull in winter moths. Should be fine on warm days. Dont do it in direct sunlight tho.

182 has now gone!
cool thanks for your help... if it all goes ok will do mine next (test it out on the b/friends car first!!!);)