ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 Years in the waiting - NEW BUS

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
nae bad tex,my guess in message was right
Thought they were bigger than 90bhp though!
Kick the erse oota though as mine got babied fae new before i got it and took ages to loosen up.
Oh and welcome to the crapy black paint club
Ohh yeh i can imagine it will get scratched quite easy.

Same here...really slow tho!
I do like em
Its not that slow ive noticed, just not 1*2 BHP.

Very nice Adamski, very good handling I've heard.
Whatcha gonna do with your free time now you won't be replacing alternators, starter motors, heads, big ends, bushes, respraying etc ;)
Handling is quite good, not jumpy and i like the drive now. Well im going to still be working on the clio if i manage to get a lockup.

Very nice wee car Adam, I looked into one of these but ended up going for the Astra... would have saved a fortune with the ZS.

Looked into a tuning box? No warranty issues as you can take it straight off again in 2 mins, dont tell Jaff though ;) But as Alan says, Eibachs, ST wheels and it'll look mint.
Tuning box, yes however i dont just want a off the shelf, i would want a mapped to the car specific.

Make sure you get some ST skirts :) Should be able to pick some panther black ones up easily enough. Eibachs give a good ride on them too.
Ill be seeing as although the ST has side spoilers but its not an ST, its a 1.6 TCDI.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
even remapped i wouldnt bother yer arse making it an ST. 120bhp and some torque will be handy, not world beating.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I know i cant get massives of power out of it, but the purpose of the car is to not have to fix it.

The clio on the other hand, lockup provided will be a car to have fun with and fix.

Motorbikes
Tuning box, yes however i dont just want a off the shelf, i would want a mapped to the car specific.

Tuning boxes are fairly car specific, plus the CRD2 has 4 maps and 7 different power settings so thats 28 different options you've got.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
I know i cant get massives of power out of it, but the purpose of the car is to not have to fix it.

The clio on the other hand, lockup provided will be a car to have fun with and fix.

true, will be a reliable wee chariot!!

get a 172 lump in your old bus.

I like these... Don't like the colour choice much but each to their own... Then again I would live with it for the right price; Can get some cracking discounts now as they're an 'old' shape.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Well chaps, MPG time.

After driving to Scumbernauld and back twice, ive noticed MPG is a steady 54.5MPG, not that bad.

When driving around in the area im getting around 50 MPG.

Car has done 500.5 Miles as of now.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
It will get better after about 8k
Hope it does.

diesels dont loosen until 30k eventually.

remember and kick f**k out of it
What is the reasoning for booting the life out of it? I always thought take it easy for 1K then ride away.

cheers for pm'in me back bawhum.

lovely car tho, enjoy it
Been busy with work, sorry mate, was a sudden purchase too.

I am enjoying it though.

Shame it aint a clio though :(

320d
Eibach do springs for these you can have fitted at the dealer so keep warranty.

Get it down to RS Tuning, they can get 120bhp out of these and lots of torque.

Realy considered one myself a while back.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
nice upgrade mate i like them.

mpg seems like a bonus to start with and so impressive but then you realise you can afford to drive flat out everywhere so you do it lol or maby thats just me!

my dci averages about 45mpg these days because its flat out everywhere lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
hi mate see you choose my input, i know you won't be regretting it.
there great cars love the tdci.
no need for st bits mate. colour code, anthra wheels, ford springs...done
fiesta badge off? zs badge left on.
happy new year to you brer.
gal/

VW Caddy Van
Adam my hate has a Zetec S Specific Tuning Box lying doing nothing. If ur interested PM me and i'll find out how much he wants for it.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Some more boring figures for you.

Still not done 1000 miles yet, close though at 950.
MPG is now sitting at 50.2,
Full tank of diesel just cost £39 40.25L. - Tank was very empty, only had 5 mile on the trip counter.

Im quite enjoying the fiesta, however the clio is still being fixed up and should be roadworthy by this week, but it will be taken off again for its new lease of life.

320d
ZS interior is ok. About on a par with clio dynamique seats.

However anything less than ZS spec and they're horrible hard flat seats.

I'm looking forward to seeing the clio finished.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Some more boring figures for you.

Still not done 1000 miles yet, close though at 950.
MPG is now sitting at 50.2,
Full tank of diesel just cost £39 40.25L. - Tank was very empty, only had 5 mile on the trip counter.

Im quite enjoying the fiesta, however the clio is still being fixed up and should be roadworthy by this week, but it will be taken off again for its new lease of life.

not bad jobay. Im getting 53mpg without much bother and got 60.1 the other day on a decent run.
Works out at 700+ miles or more fae a tank:evil:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Really like the shape of these....

....except.....

.....that silly little bulge that they had on the headlight unit (for the sidelights?). Looks like a zit waiting to burst!

Seats and interior look much better than the likes of a 182. :)

D.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Had the service check over and all was fine. Got nice mats, boot mat and front mud flaps. Sadly the Ford Rear flaps dont fit the ST/Zetec S bumper so im a bit stuck with them.

Oh and i burst a tyre already £88 for a Conti Sport Contact 2.

Great.

Ony a lighter note, car is going great and ive already arranged a mod for it :)

Does this mea you'll be able to do more than 60MPH know then? ;)

I'm considering the petrol one of these for my next motor.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Had the service check over and all was fine. Got nice mats, boot mat and front mud flaps. Sadly the Ford Rear flaps dont fit the ST/Zetec S bumper so im a bit stuck with them.

Oh and i burst a tyre already £88 for a Conti Sport Contact 2.

Great.

Ony a lighter note, car is going great and ive already arranged a mod for it :)
sweetheart did you get half leather?
it was ment to be and option but a mistake at the factory ment that a lot of zs' are running about with half leather.
i only run with full leather recaros ;)