ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 headlights....photos please...

Fisheye bit is the xenon/dual optic bit, corning light (if looking at drivers side head light) is on the left of the fisheye bit nearest the wing.

Fisheye bit is the xenon/dual optic bit, corning light (if looking at drivers side head light) is on the left of the fisheye bit nearest the wing.

cheers jay so what is this on my 200 which is xenon free?

P1010894.gif

Look like cornering lights to me. I always thought 200's never had them as an option though.

those are dual optics with cornering lights by the looks of it. Renault didn't make xenons on the 200...

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
those are dual optics with cornering lights by the looks of it. Renault didn't make xenons on the 200...

Yes they do it's not on the options pack you need to ask for them also see photo above and Octobers issue of PFC page 5 the 200 advert.....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They are the cornering lamp option. No Xenons on the 200

Headlights for the 200...

Double optic headlights with chrome background • -
Double optic headlights with black background - •
Double optic fixed cornering lights with black background - o

No Xenons

just went out and checked my 197 with xenons, what is the dual optic bit for then?

Dual optic just means there's a seperate bulb for main beam and dipped beam. On your headlights you have main beam, dipped beam, and cornering light next to the dipped beam.

Headlights for the 200...

Double optic headlights with chrome background • -
Double optic headlights with black background - •
Double optic fixed cornering lights with black background - o

No Xenons

so thats just the standard looking light unit on a 200?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
are they not just projector lights? my dad has them on his auris, you dont need xenons to have the wired circle bits, some cars with normal bulbs have them too! as far as I know anyway, correct me if I'm wrong!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
yep, punto's corsa's have them. My 197 came with Halogen cornering lamps, H1 bulb fitment.

STEALTH RAIDER
Dual optic just means there's a seperate bulb for main beam and dipped beam. On your headlights you have main beam, dipped beam, and cornering light next to the dipped beam.

Does the cornering light replace the sidelight then because there are 3 bulbs on the standard light also

Does the cornering light replace the sidelight then because there are 3 bulbs on the standard light also

No you have sidelight (nearest the Renault badge), headlamp (in the middle) and corning light (nearest the wing)

No you have sidelight (nearest the Renault badge), headlamp (in the middle) and corning light (nearest the wing)

Correct, sidelight and main beam bulb are in the same "area". So there's 4 in total on cornering lights.

LY 200
i went for the antharcite exterior pack mate

Ahh right mate - Is that a fairly expensive extra?

Im looking at them/test driving one the weekend so im gonna really need to wise up on the options before hand! lol

How come you've change over from the 197 so quickly anyway mate? Is there much in the two?

Ahh right mate - Is that a fairly expensive extra?

Im looking at them/test driving one the weekend so im gonna really need to wise up on the options before hand! lol

How come you've change over from the 197 so quickly anyway mate? Is there much in the two?

£150 for front, mirrors and rear diffuser...really dont know whether i like it to be honest!

ordered 24th august and was in country at docks 3 weeks later, hold up taking delivery was my current v5 saying i had a megane coupe rather than a 197 and me being on holiday so could have had it before now

STEALTH RAIDER
ordered 24th august and was in country at docks 3 weeks later, hold up taking delivery was my current v5 saying i had a megane coupe rather than a 197 and me being on holiday so could have had it before now

Hope mine comes sooner. ordered it on the 17th September. How u liking the blue then?

STEALTH RAIDER
not sure to be honest mate, will go see it in daylight at weekend, going to miss my ultra red! what colour did you go for

Same as you mate. but with black speedlines, tints, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, cornering lights, carbon interior trim

STEALTH RAIDER
keep us posted in this thread with a few pics when you pick it up. Never seen an albi blue in the flesh but im taking that chance. Hope you like it mate

Black Gold Trophy
You could easily fit a xenon conversion kit to the 200 with a bulb and ballast pack off ebay or something, but if I had to have a 200, I would retro fit 197 xenons and 197 front bumper

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I never found the Xenons on the RS Meganes to be any good, the ones on my E-Class put them to shame.