ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

zafira
Im seriously thinking of buying a 200 with cup pack etc, but im wondering if it will satisfy my thirst for a quick / fun car again, ive had some really quick cars and i dont know if on day to day journeys the relatively low torque output will leave me feeling like i should have brought a meg 265 or something.
I realise the clio is not about straight line speed, its about fun factor from a to b, but i need some feeling of acceleration to make it fun.
Do you ever feel like your 200 is lacking grunt ?
I was looking at ktec website and it shows 7-8 bhp gain from a re map and 6-7 bhp gain from an induction kit, so im assuming you can gain 10-12 bhp fairly easy but is that it really before you need to start spending lots of money to gain any more power?
Assuming they actually make 197 bhp to start with, what gains could i expect if i did exhaust, induction and remap ?
Thank you
Dave

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
drive both!

the 200 is more "engaging" its brakes are fantastic and it makes for an extremely nimble car! fun because it carries alot of pace into corners.

The 250 + are almost as chuckable but the LSD enables it to carry even more pace, allowing to really accelerate hard out. you will be doing silly speeds to have the same kind of fun. Plus you don't have to worry about a failing gearbox.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The 200s are fine, get recaros and drive it like you stole it, they come alive when you push them and are great fun. :race: