ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 Clio 182 Throttle Body Assembly Problem

Clio 182
Hi all.

First time poster here having an issue with the Throttle Body Assembly on a 2004 Clio 182.

Issue is that it sticks shut when trying to start the engine from cold. Once running and warm I can stop / start the engine to my hearts content.
Have had it out and cleaned it up and it works great for a few days but then goes back to its old sticking ways.

Anyway, long story short, I've reached the point I'm just going to replace the entire TBA which naturally hasn't been produced for some time, so am wondering who you guys would recommend to source a refurb unit from?

Or should I just get a second hand one off Ebay for around £100?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Hold off until tomorrow - I recently replaced mine with a brand-new one from K-Tec Racing. There's nothing wrong with the old one, but I was restoring my RB and decided to splash out, as you do.

I'll be working in the garage tomorrow, so I'll take a look and see if I can find the old one. It's no use to me anymore, so you're welcome to it for the cost of postage - assuming you're on the UK Mainland - and a packet of Haribo.

Clio 182
Hold off until tomorrow - I recently replaced mine with a brand-new one from K-Tec Racing. There's nothing wrong with the old one, but I was restoring my RB and decided to splash out, as you do.

I'll be working in the garage tomorrow, so I'll take a look and see if I can find the old one. It's no use to me anymore, so you're welcome to it for the cost of postage - assuming you're on the UK Mainland - and a packet of Haribo.
That's amazing and yes please thank you so much. I'd be more than happy to pay you though.
Am in Plymouth in Devon so definitely UK mainland.
I'll hold off ordering anything for now.

Thank you again.