ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 clio rear lights

clio 182
since the previous owner hasnt commented on another thread i dont know if any1 else can help, i have attached pictures to show the problem, first one how they should look and the second picture of how the previous owner has put sealer between the light and bodywork. i know its hard to say but i was wondering y he has done this n if any could have a guess at the possible reason for it coz it might be a common problem? as to my understanding but not tryed yet, u have to take the unit out to replace the bulbs? (going led bulbs at the back from ebay :)) and i dont want to peal off the sealer if i cant get the unit back into place.
cheers people

Attachments

• clio 002.jpg
    clio 002.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 37
  • clio 001.jpg
    clio 001.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 20

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Yeah you have to remove to replace the bulb, dead easy just one screw thing in the boot behind it,

as to why he's put sealer on it god knows :S maybe it mists up and was trying to sold it?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Is the screw still there? If so you should be okay, bit of a mistery though!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I'd remover the sealer if you can and see if it gets a leak? If not then god knows haha

clio 182
Replaced the bulbs n took the sealer off n there doesn't seem to b any problem with it the same as the other side